• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 14

HYB90RID

Veteran
Hey Guys,

2008 Yamaha Phazer MTX

GF was riding, engine light code 13 and sled died.

Get it home check sensors etc Find broken wire. Fix that, start sled light goes out code 14 & 25 comes up.

I've checked wiring it seems good. Tried 4 different sensors, I replaced the 2 vac lines just to be safe even though they look good. in Diag on #62 it showed 3. Went to 61 push down back to 62 it's now showing 2 and 61 shows 0.

Sled seems to run, went around the hard still pulls yard skis want to come up. Can't get rid of those codes.
Being told to check position sensor which on diag seems to be good 15 at idle 96 at woot.

Only thing can think of is an ecu but I don't wanna go spend $600-$1000 for nothing.

Should I just ride it like this? Will I cause any other issues?

Any other ideas? Thank you

Try swapping the sensors side to side and see if the codes change to 13 and 26, which would mean the sensors are at fault. For both to be bad at the same time would be very unusual though, like both headlights burning out at the same time. At least that would eliminate the ECU, which I doubt is at fault.

Back