• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 43 on 09 Nytro and dealers ridiculous solution

Monster00

I have a 2009 Nytro and 2 weekends ago I was in vermont for a ride. Went for the weekend. Saturday I rode the whole day rode around 120 miles. Ran great. It was pretty cold prob around 0 to -5 F out that weekend and with wind it was even colder. I left it out in the parking lot with all the other guys sleds i was riding with, like i usually do. Sunday morning i try to start it up and it didn't start. Code 43 flashed. It cranked over fast but didnt start. So i bring it to the yamaha dealer and I call them today to see if they found out anything. They said that code 43 ment low battery voltage and the fuel pump wasent getting enough power to turn it on. They said that they called up Yamaha tech and thats what they told them what happens on very cold days. They said since you left it out overnight and it was colder then normal, and it was windy it happened . Everyone elses sleds started up including my friends 06 apex and 07 vecture. When i brought the snowmobile home (on long island) where it was around 27 degrees F it started up. There solution was to keep a trickle charger on it when your not using it. But it cranked over fast so I dont get why a trickle charger is needed. My friends apex cranked slower then mine and his started right up. None of my friends who have yamahas or any other sleds needed to put a trickle charger on there battery. I mean lets get real here. This is a snowmobile not a diesel. You shouldn't need to put a battery warmer on the battery! Plus its a snowmobile... Its suppost to start in cold weather correct? Just seems to be a BS solution in my opinion. Maybe im wrong. Can anyone shed light on this? :o|

I am not 100% sure,But maybe it was the starter relay? And it fixed it self when it was brought to the dealer and thawed out. I am not sure if the starter relay makes it crank or not. But I am sure someone can figure it out for you

Starter relay hands down, went threw this a month ago. Had the brand new starter relay with me, put it in and sled started right up.

code 43 has something to do with power to the fuel system. I had this happen to mine and it was the relay for the fuel pump. It had wiggled loose must be from when it was taken apart for the turbo install and happened on and off and I was pissed trying to find it, once I got it I just plugged it back in and make sure the relay stay secure before riding any where. Your dealer sounds about like the closest yamaha dealer to me........... A complete jack #*$&@!! I would check the fuel pump relay and make sure its secure, it could be loose, worth a shot.

RealDeal was code 43 flashing and did it crank? I find it hard to believe it can be the starter relay becuase then the starter wouldn't engage at all times right? Fuel pump relay maybe but why would it start up after it was put in warmer weather? Oh and shadow44 was it also windy when you started yours at -27? Reason why I ask is becuase maybe the snow and the cold air blew into the guts of the snowmobile and froze all the electronics? Still It should start up.

Same thing happened to mine this morning it was in the negatives last night. No doubt it was someting to do with the fuel system it wouldnt cycle. A trickle charge would do nothing I had a jumper box hooked up and it made no difference. By the time I got to the dealers it was 33 and it started

No question it is the starter relay. Mine did the same. Brought in the garage and it warmed up and it fired right up.

When I called the dealer, they ran the VIN and it had three updates so I brought it in. Funny thing is, it did the same thing for them while it was there. It sat outside over night and in the morning it would not start because the fuel pump would not cycle. They put in the updated relay and all has been perfect.

They said they has heard of this problem but had never seen it in person. Get that relay updated and the problem will be fixed.

Mine is an '08 RTX.

If it was the starter relay the motor would not crank over. Been down that road already. I believe it is the fuel system relay. The EFI would not work so no fuel = no start

Quote from a guy I know who ran two Nytros, I now own one of them.

"Oh yeah one thing i learned over the weekend. If the sled flashes a code 43, its water that has frozen in the gas line. Took us about an hour to figure it out. Put some pri-g in gas tank and 2 min later the sled started right up. Pri-g is an additive for E10 fuel".

makes total sense I was wondering the same thing. A little water will plug the line. The EFI was trying to cycle but just couldnt complete it

unpride said:
makes total sense I was wondering the same thing. A little water will plug the line. The EFI was trying to cycle but just couldnt complete it

It's usually the basics...... Hard to think of that when you are in a rage...
Like when I put a new belt on and went for a rip with the parking brake on.....................F@%K.......................

Don't tell your dealer they will charge you for your info..

Cheers

Monster00 said:
RealDeal was code 43 flashing and did it crank? I find it hard to believe it can be the starter relay becuase then the starter wouldn't engage at all times right? Fuel pump relay maybe but why would it start up after it was put in warmer weather? Oh and shadow44 was it also windy when you started yours at -27? Reason why I ask is becuase maybe the snow and the cold air blew into the guts of the snowmobile and froze all the electronics? Still It should start up.

Nope, it was dead calm out...but -5 and windy should not make a difference...the sled should be able to take the elements better than that.

Back