• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code SD 30 After I Rolled Right Side

Had this happen a few years ago to a '17 TCat in our group. Figured it must be a trapped air bubble at sensor. Removed oil pressure sensor carefully and noted it burped when it hit last thread. Re-installed- all good and code gone. IDK.
Have you any tips for accessing and removing this sensor? I was looking for it and it’s tough to even see. I can see the lower one much easier but that’s not the one I want to remove at this time.

Have you any tips for accessing and removing this sensor? I was looking for it and it’s tough to even see. I can see the lower one much easier but that’s not the one I want to remove at this time.
Depending on which one your after i found it to be easier removing the primary clutch for the one and remove your oil filter cover for the other one. I also unhooked the battery while doing the change. Not sure if you need to but i just did cause its electrical.

Agree w blevis213. Make sure whatever socket you use is deep enough so you don't break the black plastic part of sensor.

I ended up removing the whole block by the two bolts and doing it on the bench. I didn’t have a deep socket with me that fit, wasn’t even sure if there was going to be room in there to use it but must be if you’s have done before. Looks like a 15/16 socket, or maybe 23mm….
Anyway hopefully I hadn’t caused any problems by completely removing the block.

Attachments

• IMG_5146.jpeg
    IMG_5146.jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 64
I ended up removing the whole block by the two bolts and doing it on the bench. I didn’t have a deep socket with me that fit, wasn’t even sure if there was going to be room in there to use it but must be if you’s have done before. Looks like a 15/16 socket, or maybe 23mm….
Anyway hopefully I hadn’t caused any problems by completely removing the block.
Anyone know the torque for the two bolts that hold this on? I have the service manual from the dealer but haven’t found this part yet.

On page 56 in 2017 Sidewinder Service Manual - 8.7 ft. lbs.

Could be a residual charge.

I've been told unplugging the terminals and touching the two leads together on other toys discharges everything.

I had the same issue, tried most of the things noted above nothing fixed it. Took it to a dealer as it has warranty but it's been tuned by TD, they spent a bunch of time and couldn't resolve it. I called TD explained the issue, they recommended renting a flasher from them, used the clear all faults function and it cleared it. Haven't any other issues.

I had the same issue, tried most of the things noted above nothing fixed it. Took it to a dealer as it has warranty but it's been tuned by TD, they spent a bunch of time and couldn't resolve it. I called TD explained the issue, they recommended renting a flasher from them, used the clear all faults function and it cleared it. Haven't any other issues.
I have Tunes as well and likely going to buy my own flasher to have down the road unfortunately. What’s TD charging to rent theirs any idea?

I have Tunes as well and likely going to buy my own flasher to have down the road unfortunately. What’s TD charging to rent theirs any idea?
Update: The flasher cleared the code SD30. Also showed I had a “Forward Relay Circuit Low” code. Not sure what or when this appeared as I only seen it on the flasher.

Last edited:

Back