• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 81, & heated grip

Dynomax666

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2006 apex
So had the phazer a couple years now, and it came with after market grip heaters (koso wired in parallel). tired of the flashing yellow and code 81, and really prefer this on factory controls.

I chased the wiring around and found they just cut the factory wires and taped them off, so I wired the aftermarkets in. at idle, the grips started warming up, i really won't know until i can get it out to see if they warm up enough or not.

I checked my other yamaha (nytro) which resitance was 7.5ohm. the after markets on the phazer were 10ohm.

If I real ohms law correctly, Power in watts=voltage^2 / resistance...

meaning 10ohm after markets vs factory 7.5ohm (if they're the same as the nytro) should work, but be 25% less warm than originals??

Originaly I thought no voltage was going to the wire, but it seems if its not similar OHM to what the ecu is expecting it sends no power??

I guess my other option is to wire in a 7.5-10ohm resistor and return to the after market handlebar selector.

Back