• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tuned sidewinder sd30 code

Mine is hurricane.
His is to so do I have to get the hurricane communicator again to clear it? Sorry have no idea how this stuff works

Last edited:

I had my code cleared by dealer it came back but they did check everything and actually told me it was the ecu that was the problem I took it back they said they changed all parts associated with code they also told me they check oil pressure and the pressure was fine now let me be clear when I say all this

TAKE THIS FOR WHAT YOU WILL AND RIDE AT YOURE OWN RISK

The dealer told me it was a problem in the ecu from the flash go ahead ride it if any problem with oil pressure would occur the idiot light would go off the red oil pressure light

I am by know means telling anyone to ride with any codes on
I am simply sharing my experiences
I have put on over 1500 miles
Just put on 450 in the up
Everything seems to be fine but now personal idiot light in my head is coming on
Iam going to have it reflashed and see if code will go away
Hurricane flash
Again I was not and would not advise anyone to run with a code flashing

I had same issue last year with sd 26, if your code is a hard code like sd 26 the flasher alone will not erase the code. Only way I got my code off the gauge was with the much help of Yamamarc and Dave from hurricane.

I had same issue last year with sd 26, if your code is a hard code like sd 26 the flasher alone will not erase the code. Only way I got my code off the gauge was with the much help of Yamamarc and Dave from hurricane.
Still waiting to hear back from dave

No but thinking about buying the communicator

No but thinking about buying the communicator
Sounds like this code is a hard code like the one I had and gets stored in the ecu. In my case Dave sent me a erase all file which I downloaded onto the hurricane flashers, once I ran this file it erased everything on my sled, I then reinstalled the tune on my ecu through the flasher and all has been good since.

Ok thanks for the information hopefully this fixes everything I don’t want my buddy thinking I messed up his sled, knocking on wood mine has been fine but I didn’t put it on its side.. I did both sleds with Dave’s help

Sounds like this code is a hard code like the one I had and gets stored in the ecu. In my case Dave sent me a erase all file which I downloaded onto the hurricane flashers, once I ran this file it erased everything on my sled, I then reinstalled the tune on my ecu through the flasher and all has been good since.
Do you know what caused the 26 code was it just the flash or did you put the sled on its side or something?

Blevis, Bob at Edinburg asked me about your friends sled. I had a SD 26 a couple of years ago but it cleared immediately. Turned out to be either the sensor or switch. Not sure because he replaced both. This was when my sled was stock. I have a TD tune and no problems. I flipped mine on its side the other day. Lol. Bob also said he swapped out the ECU for a stock one and the code disappeared. Looks like it is a tune problem? Hurricane makes great tunes also and I am sure he will clear up the problem. I am also sure he will rent you a flasher.

Buddy getting SD30 as well but this is second time, first time was a bad head filing sensor with anti freeze.

Do you know what caused the 26 code was it just the flash or did you put the sled on its side or something

Blevis, Bob at Edinburg asked me about your friends sled. I had a SD 26 a couple of years ago but it cleared immediately. Turned out to be either the sensor or switch. Not sure because he replaced both. This was when my sled was stock. I have a TD tune and no problems. I flipped mine on its side the other day. Lol. Bob also said he swapped out the ECU for a stock one and the code disappeared. Looks like it is a tune problem? Hurricane makes great tunes also and I am sure he will clear up the problem. I am also sure he will rent you a flasher.
Yes I believe it's the same issue winderfab posted being a hard code. Sled runs to good even with the code. I'm going to call Dave tomorrow and see how we can resolve the issue. Hopefully you didn't hurt yourself on the flip. Thanks for the help.

My buddy says he can’t get boost now. Any ideas says his exhaust sounds louder and can’t go over 90
Update on the issue above was a loose hose. The clamp came loose and hose popped off. All fixed now, full power again just that stupid code that i'm sure Dave will help us resolve. Want to thank everyone with the knowledgeable information this site kick #*$&@.

Not complaining about tune at all
The person who flashed my sled is going to reflash it for me

Back