• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

cooling system on this sled is interesting....

craze1cars

VIP Member
Indiana, the vast snowmobile-owner's wasteland...
Going thru the pics...I see no heat exchangers except for the one over the front drive axle. And a big honkin' radiator stuffed under the hood. I find this very interesting. The video mentions warm air being ducted to the person's knees. I can see this being a great thing in the cold, and maybe a miserable thing when aggressive riding in warmer weather when you're already breaking a sweat. Also would be a great thing for getting more weight off the back of this sled...should be VERY light to lift the rear bumper I would think...great centralization of mass if all that cooling system weight is contained to a small area dead-center on the sled rather than stretched out conventionally over long lengths.

Just random thoughts...not sure what to think of it. Other than the warm air on the knees thing in warm temps, it looks like a really sweet way to cool the sled.

Notice the difference in cooling between the shorties and mountain sleds? Looks like NO front exchanger on the mountain. Seems that they added a tube up in the tunnel instead?? I'm thinking that is how they allow for the deep lug track clearance while still using the short track parts? Possibly stems from the ice bridging issues on the phaser?

Wonder how well that will work? Questions, questions, questions.......

:ORC

Attachments

• 08fxnytromtx_7c_7f502dc5[1].jpg
    08fxnytromtx_7c_7f502dc5[1].jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 314
  • 08fxnytromtx_7e_6144a4ef[1].jpg
    08fxnytromtx_7e_6144a4ef[1].jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 339
  • 08fxnytro_7m_c96dca9a[1].jpg
    08fxnytro_7m_c96dca9a[1].jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 656
Don't quote me on this for sure, but I believe the Mountain (FX Nytro MTX) uses the radiator, front heat exchanger, and also the little extra cooler you see in the top of the tunnel. With the slower driving speeds of the mountain guys Yamaha found it necessary to add the extra exchanger in the top of the tunnel.

Back