• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curious ? - Ball Joints

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
What does everyone use to lube their a-arm ball joints?

Gear oil
Grease
Light spray oil

Would be interested in what people use and the results.

Thanks
MS

Lithium spray ❄

80/w90 at least every 1000 km when the sled gets into the shop to thaw out for a good going over. At 5900km there is some play but not bad. I expect my riding is pretty gentle compared to most.
My case for gear oil is a high film strength at low temps, downside is it is on the stiff side.

80/w90 at least every 1000 km when the sled gets into the shop to thaw out for a good going over. At 5900km there is some play but not bad. I expect my riding is pretty gentle compared to most.
My case for gear oil is a high film strength at low temps, downside is it is on the stiff side.

I am using the same, just over 10,000 km on the original joints and they are still in spec.

344-0089.jpg

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/pro...r_6540341880&gclid=CIqotPiKls0CFdcYgQodHiMASA

I use the WD 40 silicone. Any good silicone will work.

Pete

WD 40 goes on wet and dries with a white film ( lubricant ). I believe the majority of silicones do.

Pete

Back