• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

curious of what the viper will be like?

I sincerely doubt you will have the belt issues the process chassis currently has...both the 800 and turbo..in fact this guy got terrific belt life compared to the average guy...the norm was from as little as 40 miles! To 500....guys who got 7-800 were jumping up and down thrilled....when you blew a belt...you took out usually $200 worth of body....and fyi even when cat clutches were removed with aftermarket clutches....they still blew! I do think yam has a better looking setup with their side mounted spars....so I'll pay for you dudes...what isn't better is the rest...thats the crap your going to see...and obviously that guy has an intimate relationship with his.... dealer...probably got better pdi than the average guy....and not every guy can or wants to wrench like myself or others...fyi I've been setup inside and this chassis and the quality us fast from any yamaha you've ever seen....but the ride and handling is better than most give ever rode....just be ready to be frustrated and wrench...I'm going you guys don't get jammed with $180 belts

This is the NA 1100 sled. Could be the belt issues were being seen on the turbo and maybe the 800 and not so much on the non turbo 4 stroke.
Either way....he did not have the serious belt issues so many others are having.

Will the vipercat have the same center distance as all previous Yamaha 4 strokes and be using the 8dn belt?

No center to center is not same.New belt for Viper.

SJ almost all the guys other issues were suspension related. If his shocks were not set properly or were blown that would explain his issues. Bolts loosening is something we all deal with in 10000 mi. If a AC suspension falls apart there is a reason and I have no doubt the reason was the owners/dealers lack of maintenance or just plain wrong settings.If ANY suspension bottoms time after time it will fall apart exactly as his did. AC does a very good job with suspension but there is still a human involved.

The nytro is no better when you blow a belt....it to takes the lower panel out , foot well and speedo pick up... Mine did ....

09nytro said:
The nytro is no better when you blow a belt....it to takes the lower panel out , foot well and speedo pick up... Mine did ....
Not when, but if.....

I hope the new 8DN belts will be in the same price range as the old ones! I dont mind blowing a belt or two with the price of a Yamaha belt

Heck I was lucky to get a belt past 1400 miles with my Nytro, didn't bother me at $65 a pop, no big deal, roughly 2 belts maybe a third at the end of the season. Agree everything else mentioned, 10,000 miles I would have been thrilled if that was all the issues I hade on either my Apex or Nytro.

With that, Cat does seem to have issues with wire rubs, hose rubs etc, anyone who gets the Viper should perform some type of thorough check of all to ensure nothing will be an issue when out on the trail.

My dealer spends almost 6hrs prep on a sled before it goes out if not hurried. Thats my plan. Be patient bring snacks for the techs and then go over it all myself once back home.

Back