• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

curve xs ski?

I purchased C&A shaper wearbars for my Curve xs skis and they work just fine. I've never ran doubles on any ski. Not happy with them. Curves xs is a great company.

nyattak said:
I purchased C&A shaper wearbars for my Curve xs skis and they work just fine. I've never ran doubles on any ski. Not happy with them. Curves xs is a great company.

I thought Curve didn't recommend shaper bars?

Did you try the round bars first before going to the shaper?

I run curve skis on vector ltx gt. Great all around ski. Can't imagine running a dooley wearbar on that ski. I run Bergstrom triplepoints ,unshimmed. Ski is balanced front to rear perfectly.IMO most dooley's have been used to make up for crappy oem skis. They do eliminate darting but tend to push in the corners when ridden hard. Quality aftermarket ski's perform best with good single runner wearbars. another great ski Is Slydog. Just my opinion and I could be wrong

studdog said:
I run curve skis on vector ltx gt. Great all around ski. Can't imagine running a dooley wearbar on that ski. I run Bergstrom triplepoints ,unshimmed. Ski is balanced front to rear perfectly.IMO most dooley's have been used to make up for crappy oem skis. They do eliminate darting but tend to push in the corners when ridden hard. Quality aftermarket ski's perform best with good single runner wearbars. another great ski Is Slydog. Just my opinion and I could be wrong

Studdog, are you running the Berstrom's on you Curve ski's? Sorry for asking especially if I am reading your post correctly but I didn't think Berstrom's would fit on Curve ski's??

I would also like to run a set on mine, heard they work really good but most of all they last a super long time.

I must say, I am buying an attak gt with curve skis, and
wasnt very impressed with my test ride today..the thing
hunted and darted all over the place...i love the sled though, and plan to pick it up friday...is there an adjustment
on the rear suspension to have a bit less ski pressure, without messing with the limiter strap?? I want to try
some adjustments, before I give up on them..but I have to
Say my stock attak with slim jims worked very well...better
than these curves were today.

Have you been riding on hard pack or low snow conditions-these skis do dart and hunt when in these conditions. With decent snow they seem to calm down quite a bit. You can try the tracker they offer for them on there website.

Heritage said:
hunted and darted all over the place...i love the sled though, and plan to pick it up friday...is there an adjustment
on the rear suspension to have a bit less ski pressure, without messing with the limiter strap?? I want to try

Pretty happy with mine so far but I do have the leading edge's installed as well.
I have noticed some darting once in a while but nothing severe or unmanagable.
I would check your toe out and make sure it is 1/8th to 1/4"
Makes sure the front end is as level as possible(reduce spring pressure) and play with you transfer, I have mine set at 1 1/8th of an inch between the two adjusters.
Good luck.

Irv said:
Heritage said:

Pretty happy with mine so far but I do have the leading edge's installed as well.
I have noticed some darting once in a while but nothing severe or unmanagable.
I would check your toe out and make sure it is 1/8th to 1/4"
Makes sure the front end is as level as possible(reduce spring pressure) and play with you transfer, I have mine set at 1 1/8th of an inch between the two adjusters.
Good luck.

Check you toe any ski toe can change if toe out IS NOT SET the sled will dart badly. Adjust the toe and I bet your issue will go away!!! I have no darting on my Nytro and it rails everything.

Heritage said:

Try 1/4 preload on front socks and 1/2 toe out reride the sled and post back.

Nothing you can bolt on will have a perfect set-up. Testing and tuning what you have is the answer.

I strongly believe in curve skis and they have helped my sled, but like an product set-up is the key.

Back