• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

darting vector gt

scotttruhart

hi all, 06 vector gt got this season with 500 miles, i am finding the sled to basically go all over the trail. i have to always fight the steering it seems. it is totally stock and the previous owner used it on lakes ice fishing etc,, he was not a trail rider. i hear the skis need to be shimmed? i am thinking of getting some dooleys ? track is studdded, what size dooleys? any suggestions? i feel the sled is a lot of work to keep straight and im onlyu going like 30-35mph... would be dangerous to go faster i think like this. thanks

6" woody's dooly's work best for the vector.
turn the transfer rod all the way in to eliminate ski lift. some will say you will lose traction but the vector won't lose much.
Front shocks, top clicker turn all the way right and back 3 clicks
Bottom clicker turn all the way right and back 6.
Remote adjuster turn full hard and back 5 clicks.
Rear shock pre tension set to your weight.

Set your sled to these specks and the sled will turn right when you look right. STOCK SKIS!! Enjoy

Crewchief47 said:
Please check the toe on the front end before you do anything else.
X2 you want a minium of 1/4 toe out at the front of the ski,s

vector

thanks all. i ordered the 6inch double down carbides from johnmaster , i am going to check toe when i install them. seems like a good thing to have the doubles either way on these sleds.

Re: vector

scotttruhart said:
thanks all. i ordered the 6inch double down carbides from johnmaster , i am going to check toe when i install them. seems like a good thing to have the doubles either way on these sleds.

You're gonna be very happy with these bars. ;)!

I bought a used venture with 360 miles on it and it was doing the same thing. The manual says to have ~1/2" toe out and mine had 1/2" of toe in. I re-adjusted and it is great now.

be careful with your double down bars. i had them and they did remove the darty nervous steering. however then it wouldn't go around corners. you may need to do more sled adjustments after installation. my DD bars are in the attic with all the other stuff i bought that didn't work. i now have pilot skis on all 3 our sleds and couldn't be happier. good luck

theCATman said:
Here is what I run on my Vec & Apex. http://www.johnmaster.net/Double_Down_R ... rd6808.htm

Best bang for the buck right here. Sold as a pair for the price, other brands are sold each.

This will cure 90% of your darting. The other 10% is in the setup of the suspension & I have a solution to that too.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=45

What about the flex skis? I followed a girl on those yesterday. Down the straights she didn't even have to steer and around corners you'd swear she was on rails. She was enjoying her ride way more than me, and smoking me on corners. lots of bucks, but anyone use em?

Back