• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dayco XTX or Ultimax XS belt?

Gates93

I've been looking for a new belt for my 2009 XTX (first year riding it).
Ultimax XS805 : 45.125'' X 1.375''
Dayco XTX5033 : 44.5'' X 1.415''

I think the Dayco would run higher on the secondary, but would it be too high?

There must be one belt that is better than the other considering the diiference of size.

i don't have any experience with the dayco but i've have run the ultimax and have been happy with it. no blow ups. i have also run the yamaha belt. It seems to be much harder than the ultimax but very durable. I have blown up the yamaha belt due to excessive heat build up.

my experience, and the experience of my brother and buddy on 06 nytro, 09 nytro, and an attak...the yamaha belt always lasted longest.

Gates extreme belt only lasted 400 miles.

I don't know about performance wise, but longevity the yamaha belt was easily the best. And only $60

Ive ran along with all of my buddies in my group (all 4 stroke yamis) the XS belt for the last few years with no issues and no blow ups however we do replace the belt every season (cheap insurance)

id recommend that belt to anyone and keep the stock yami belt for a spare

jmo

I ordered the the dayco belt, the cogs were no where near as high as the ultimax even though they use to produce the ultimax belt funny, needless to say I didnt use the dayco belt

sleddingfarmer said:
my experience, and the experience of my brother and buddy on 06 nytro, 09 nytro, and an attak...the yamaha belt always lasted longest.

Gates extreme belt only lasted 400 miles.

I don't know about performance wise, but longevity the yamaha belt was easily the best. And only $60

I agree, I have always ran the 8DN or 89L belt.

I just broke in a new Ultimax tonight, just tryin it out, feels good
Ran 2 different 8DN last 3 seasons. (they came new on the sleds) combined about 7000k never blown, or delam.

bottlerocket said:
Yamaha belts are bullet proof and cheap. What are you trying to acheive with the non OEM?

The Ultimax was my spare, just figured it was time to use it up.
If it blows I have a brand new 8DN to go on.
Plus it is a bit softer so, maybe I'll notice a difference.

bottlerocket said:
Interesting but what if it blows half the plastic off the sled is what Im thinking!

Sounds like you've had one let go big time on you in the past.

The reason for my post is that I made a search on wich belt was popular, and everybody was saying that OEM was hard so it's slips on the clutches causing heat and loosing HP. But yes it is a lot more tougher.
I think that's why a couple of you guys are using the Ultimax XS. Softer and more performance.

Back