• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dayco XTX or Ultimax XS belt?

ive blown 2 OEM belts. one a year. But both of them i grass dragged on them in november. the first one blew while i was in the mountains, and the second one blew shortly after going west the second year. most likely they were both over heated bc both times they delaminated and the top half of the belt blew before the rest went.

I have the Ultimax XS on both sleds.. been running them for the last 3 winters... combined miles of about 13000 with these belts... no blow ups, very good performance, and iève noticed less belt dust compaired to stock... they are a bit "softer compound" but i've had great success!... and here they are cheeper!...

Never had any luck with Dayco/Carlisle. Didnt even get 800miles on my last one. They do 1 season / 1000mi warranty, but the 2 shops i deal with stopped selling them 'cause everyone one was grenading them, regardless of make/model.

mach9 said:
bottlerocket said:
Interesting but what if it blows half the plastic off the sled is what Im thinking!

Sounds like you've had one let go big time on you in the past.
No knock on wood but seen many aftermarket belts destroy sleds in the past. I put new belts on every year aleast and scrub them and do the break in and the Yamaha belts are very strong IMHO.

<<<Hey Sherlock29, I notice that you are from NB.
Where are you getting your Ultimax XS to say they are cheeper?
Thanks>>>

I order the ultimax's from royal.. $89 plus tax... dealer here wants $120 for yammie belt... stopped buying them 3 years ago... I order most of my "wear items" (bearings/slides/belts..etc) from royal... they on average have always been the cheepest...

If you are blowing belts then maybe your clutching is off .To much belt slipage getting to hot and coming apart . I got 3000 miles out of the xs last year

I'm lucky to get over 1500 miles on a 8DN. It seemed the three Nytro's that I used to ride with were about the same.

I use the Ultimax XS not one problem yet. My OEM belt blew at 400 miles! Not going back to OEM for now...

Yamaha belt vs ultimax xs

I just blew my stock Yamaha belt while in deep powder and put on my new spare ultimax seems to be good so far but when compared to my stock Yamaha belt it seems to be about an inch bigger and I was not able to achieve my top speed and revs seem to have gone up slightly

Here is a post of the XS805 belt.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=109218
A lot of people running the XS belt ended up blowing them within 150 mile and causing some costly repairs. When the belt blew in my it took out the belt guard the bottom guard and punched a 2" hole in my plastic side cover. Put the Yamaha belt back in and have not had a problem since. The Yamaha clutches are desinged for a hard belt so when you have a soft belt the clutches squeez the crap out of the soft belt and breaks because it can't slip.

Back