• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Decals Coming Off

Sevey

TY 4 Stroke God
Website
www.ty4stroke.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder RTX
How is everyone making out with their stock decals.

I have frayed edges on the tunnel decals and some on the lower cowls are lifting as well.

What can you do to stop this?

I am scared to know what new ones cost from Yamaha.
MS

I had to replace a decal on my side winder and was surprised on how reasonable it was -i was shocked it was much cheaper than a vector decal I needed.

Not so good with the stock decals. I gave my new SRX a "Brazilian" as soon as I got it home just to see what it would look like naked:

upload_2021-3-21_21-22-4.png

Clean shaven....

upload_2021-3-21_21-24-16.png

I likely will be putting mine up for sale in the fall, and ordered the little ones in the center of the tunnel on each side. They are getting damaged from my boots wearing on them. Each decal by themselves is pretty reasonable, but there are quite a few pieces. I was wondering if all the decals could be protected by a layer of clear paint right over everything when a sled is new?

I have frayed edges on the tunnel decals and some on the lower cowls are lifting as well.

What can you do to stop this?

I am scared to know what new ones cost from Yamaha.
MS
Take off and have them airbrushed on no more peel, it will be custom!

do you have full pics showing the whole sled?

Here's a few...

SRXNaked.JPG
SRXNaked2.JPG
SRXNaked3.JPG

I should mention that the only reason I gave the SRX a "Brazilian" was that I didn't like how the new 2021 SRX shared the same graphics of the 2021 Venom and Mountain Max models.

upload_2021-3-23_14-27-24.png

Venom.JPG

As Yamaha's flagship model I think that the SRX needed it's own look:

upload_2021-3-24_21-20-21.png

Last edited:
WAY BETTER is an understatement. I wish I had that kind of vision to do it like that

i've lost 3 so far.... 1 more big one starting to come loose. super annyoing

i've lost 3 so far.... 1 more big one starting to come loose. super annyoing

I have lost a couple also. They were replaced under warranty. What I did was to clean the side panels real good with rubbing alcohol & then get side panel warm with a hair dryer and then add a coating of spray adhesive to back side of decal. After decal was installed heated up decal again & padded down with a clean rag.

Who did the wrap? Looks good. MS

Thanks Sevey. I really like the way it turned out.

Blown Concepts here in MN did the wrap. I collaborated with the owner, Robb on the design.

Blown Concepts is a paid advertiser here on TY also so they support the site. ;)!

Back