• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

drag n flys

uofm

Expert
A lot of people have said the drag n flys have made a difference but does anyone have proof such as running against a stock Nytro, or anybody with prooven time's of stock verses drag n fly settup?

My sled is faster on the gun with stock setup with 2.4 grams in the heal vs .85 factory. Tried 7 different setups total with the drag n flys and I was 1-2 mph faster with stock weights. Now I will say that this is on very hardpacked snow with no studs. lots of studs may prove different. It did feel wayy stronger with the drag n flys but the gun proved me wrong. Different results than most people I guess but this was the case with mine

radar gun does not tell complete story---get stop watch to set distance

justinator said:
My sled is faster on the gun with stock setup with 2.4 grams in the heal vs .85 factory. Tried 7 different setups total with the drag n flys and I was 1-2 mph faster with stock weights. Now I will say that this is on very hardpacked snow with no studs. lots of studs may prove different. It did feel wayy stronger with the drag n flys but the gun proved me wrong. Different results than most people I guess but this was the case with mine

The stock weights are going to pull more MPh but the drag and flys are going to get you there quicker.

dirkdiggler said:
justinator said:

The stock weights are going to pull more MPh but the drag and flys are going to get you there quicker.

I'm not topped out in a 1000ft and I get to the 1000ft mark faster, no timer but spent the day with a well tuned F7 and on MY SLED the yamaha setup was fastest. I think with excellent traction the drag nflys might of been faster out of the hole. I was shocked I got these results because the sled feels to pull harder with them in but all of my results that day proved otherwise.

there is less over rev and the clutch engages faster with the drag and flys on my sled. 0-60 is faster.

A little confused last year stock 1000-1200 feet 94-96mph, this year excell exhast, k&n filters, pciii, drag n fly clutch kit and the same testing place, 90 mph even if i take a longer run at it from another 200 feet 90 mph. Whats up with this. gonna try all the stock clutching with the rivit excell sent i should be at least pulling the same speed as stock if not better.

kingedwards99 said:
A little confused last year stock 1000-1200 feet 94-96mph, this year excell exhast, k&n filters, pciii, drag n fly clutch kit and the same testing place, 90 mph even if i take a longer run at it from another 200 feet 90 mph. Whats up with this. gonna try all the stock clutching with the rivit excell sent i should be at least pulling the same speed as stock if not better.

the stocks weights pull more MPH. My sleds was consistent to 105 MPH. With the drag and fly's I only saw 102. But I got there a ton faster.

I have the drag n flys (the rest is stock studded) and did an 800 ft radar run. i ran a consistant 87 and 88. My buddy has the hauck clutch kit, hauck husher and header pipe. He also has the fuel programmer and intake mods. He ran 88 and with a little fuel modifications, he got to 91 He's studded also. Im happy with my 88mph for the $260 drag-n-fly kit vs my buddies over $1200 hauck kit and only 3mph faster.

jeffT said:
I have the drag n flys (the rest is stock studded) and did an 800 ft radar run. i ran a consistant 87 and 88. My buddy has the hauck clutch kit, hauck husher and header pipe. He also has the fuel programmer and intake mods. He ran 88 and with a little fuel modifications, he got to 91 He's studded also. Im happy with my 88mph for the $260 drag-n-fly kit vs my buddies over $1200 hauck kit and only 3mph faster.
I don't understand this though,I am pulling 88MPH stock! I am sure the clutch kit gets you there faster.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
jeffT said:
I don't understand this though,I am pulling 88MPH stock! I am sure the clutch kit gets you there faster.
Whats not to understand? If you want a wide open, go 130 mph sled, go get an rx1. Theres a video of a nytro drag racing a rail dragster on youtube. He goes 168 in the 1/4 mile. The nytro went 129 and beat him by what looks to be 4-5 sled lengths. Does that explain it a little better?
heres the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ7ZlrjywRc

jeffT said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
jeffT said:
Whats not to understand? If you want a wide open, go 130 mph sled, go get an rx1. Theres a video of a nytro drag racing a rail dragster on youtube. He goes 168 in the 1/4 mile. The nytro went 129 and beat him by what looks to be 4-5 sled lengths. Does that explain it a little better?
heres the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ7ZlrjywRc
Come on man,a basically stock Nytro beats a top fuel dragster. These sleds will be lucky to do over 100 mph but this one is doing 129? If you believe this then I don't know what to tell you. Plus you contradict your self,You say if I want to have 130 mph sled get an Rx-1,According to your video my Nytro should be able to do it. That video makes me laugh every time I see it. :yam: :yam: :yam: :yam: :yam: :yam: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke: :4STroke:

Back