• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Drive Belt Adjustment

Supa Dexta

Expert
New to the nytro and I'm looking around for info on adjusting the belt. On my old sleds there were always tons of videos and how-to's on how to adjust the different set ups on where the belt sits in the sheaves, why am I not seeing anything for these machines??

belt

If you take off your secondary clutch and look on the back side, you will see 3 bolts that u need a 8mm socket to fit, if u remove a shim from each bolt and retighten that will spread your sheaves apart,causing your belt to ride lower or add a washer to make your belt ride higher. :Rockon:

One shim is usually to much adjustment at one time! Yamaha makes .5 shim's for fine tuning. Belt should be about 1/16" or so above shiev. If it is to tight it will squeal at idle, They will squeal easier when not broken in also.

Not as easy you are right however I put a new belt on at the beginning of the season and now at the end some 1800km later it is still dead on with adjustment. There are a few things that piss me off with my nytro but belt life is not one of them

Back