• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

DS2 skis

srx901

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
turbo nytro
has anyone used skidoo pilot DS2 skis on a Nytro and if you have how do they work.

I am trying DS skis on my nytro this year. I got them from the Doo dealer 300 taxes in cadn for a kit they sell. Kit includes ski, loop,and expedition carbide. A buddy of mine has DS or DS2 skis on his nytro and he loves them. Only difference is the keel is a little deeper on the ds2 (I think one cm),the spindle location is a bit different, and the back of the ds2 ski is a bit flatter. I haven't tried them yet but will update when I try them. About halfway down the following thread from on here another member tried them and like them too. They are direct bolt on and I used Yamaha rubbers.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/pilot-skis-on-fx-nytro.109200/

I had 6.9 pilots on my nytro before and the DS skis are about 2 to 2.5 inches shorter. Sled fits in the trailer a lot better now!

any reason you didn't go with the DS3?

Basically just $. Was 120 more for the DS 2 vs DS. I looked briefly at the DS 3 and I think they have an even deeper keel again. Was nervous that the steering would be really heavy then like some c and a's.

Skiis are the same price ($129 cdn)....maybe price difference was in the kit you bought. You are right about the keel...DS3 is 12mm deeper. I'm asking because I have been thinking about DS2 or DS3 as well.

Yup that's right. The kit is cheaper. I would say if you are doing mostly off trail go with the DS 3.

Back