• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EASY START AFTER SUMMER STORAGE

drg650

Extreme
I had my sled for 3 seasons.And every fall i would spend forever getting my sled started.Cranking and cranking,having to recharge the battery twice to get it going.This year i sprayed some fuel into the carbs.And bango.Up she fired.it took like 3 times and within 3 mins i had her running like a champ.Just some info for you guys.

Did you ever blow into the tank vent and hold the pressure in then crank? Works like a champ and will start within a minute of cranking. Your doing the same thing just get fuel to the carbs the system is dry.

X2- works every time and easier than fuel in the carbs.

kinger said:
Did you ever blow into the tank vent and hold the pressure in then crank? Works like a champ and will start within a minute of cranking. Your doing the same thing just get fuel to the carbs the system is dry.

Did this today on my 03 and the wifes 05 worked like a champ thx ;)!
On a side note my 03 has the original battery and after sitting for 18 months (was unable to ride last year "surgery") she cranked right over without a charge :)
The 05 on the other hand has a dead battery won't take a charge at all lol.

The two Apex turbos started after about 5 seconds of cranking. The turbo RX-1 on the other hand wore the battery down. I charged it over night and gave a shot of starting fluid in the intercooler and she fired right off.

Easiest year of starting the sleds ever. No more tired arms from pulling two strokes.LOL

For teh apex cycle the key a couple times before cranking and it will push all the fuel right up there for you and should fire right off.

Vent tube trick would have worked for your RX1

Never had a problem starting since 2005.

where is the vent line? is it down near your shin and which leg? thanks

Left side, open the belt cover and you will see it fastened to the frame.

06 Vector GT:

Attachments

• Vector_vent_line.JPG
    Vector_vent_line.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 230
Well, I remove the line from the spigot and apply the blower nozzle from my air compressor. If you don't have one of those, then a short piece of line, with a connector, would get it of there far enough to use your lungs.....

I can reach it without adding tubing. Once you get some pressure in the tank remember to plug the end of the tube with your thumb or a screw while you crank the motor.

I used the blow into the tank method with my mouth this fall on mine, worked great. I wouldn't suggest compressed air, anything beyond 10psi would be overkill.

Never ever ever use starting fluid, that stuff is death for motors! Pouring gas in can flood/wash the cylinders too. If you have to use a slight amount of non chlorinated break parts cleaner out of a pump up type bottle.

Back