• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Engine codes 33, 34,35!! Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitty915

Veteran
Hi Guys, just got back from doing 1000 miles around the Gaspe yesterday, riding in temps -50F below zero, warmest it got was around -15F! Took a little while to get the XTX started every morning, but we got it started using a hairdryer, battery tender, and jumper cables! Sled ran perfect in these temps other then starting, and the last day I started getting some codes on the display. I got codes 33, 34, 35 and the yellow warning light would flash. I would also get the engine warning indicator as well, which all 3 codes have to do with the spark plugs and ignitions my dealer said. The sled would go into limp mode and die down. I would burp the throttle and it would come out of it, but would soon go back into limp mode. I had significant ice build up in the tunnel, but the over heat indicator never came on. That night we put it in a heated garage and it completely thawed out over night. Next day it did the same thing. So that rules out the ice build up. When it went into limp mode if I stopped and shut it off for a min or two, the sled would run perfect for 10 miles and then start acting up again. It almost acted like letting it sit there the engine heat would un thaw something maybe? Any thoughts/ suggestions? Maybe jumping the battery caused an electrical problem? Its at my dealer being looked at! I know have 2000 miles on it, and is very pleased with sled!Thanks guys!

I had the same error codes come up on me, but mine was never while riding but the next morning. I got a new battery with warranty and also have a trickle charger for the really really cold days. That solved my problem

Fault code 33........Malfunction detected in the primary lead of the cylinder-#1 ignition coil

Fault code 34......same thing for cylinder #2

Fault code 35......same thing for cylinder #3

Thanks for the respnses! Do you know what needs to be reaplaced/done to fix the problem Trussman? Should it be an easy fix? Do you know if this is a common problem with 2000 miles? Thanks a lot for the help!!

I got the codes out of the service manual......other than that I can't help much. But.......if it were mine......2 things come to mind.
1st would be moisture in a wiring connection somewhere....or possibly low battery voltage. Guess I would get it inside a warm shop & let her dry off & make sure the battery is fully charged.

1000 miles, eh........sounds like quite a trip. At -50F.........no friggen way I'm coming out to play.......that's for guys a bit tougher than me...LOL

I let my sled thaw in a heated shop, not all the time but frequently. Before I take it out I remove the panels and blow everything in the engine compartment, clutches, brake assembly and where ever else ice or snow could have melted. You'd be suprised at how much water is just laying in there waiting to be refroze. Not everbody has a air compressor but a shop vac or a leave blower will do. Eliminating the water is the key. JM2C THANKS!! ;)!

Nytro Owners. If you have the Fault code 33, 34, 35 you need to check your crank sensor. It is located behind the clutch. I was one of the techs that worked on Whitty's sled and we found that the crank sensor wire had rubbed on the plate that is met to protect the wire. It may become a problem for some of you.

good news you found the problem!!
gaspé region SOOOOO nice, you like it?

did you know there are many whitty's familly in gaspé region?

that is VERY cold temps!!!!almost scary....-50

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back