• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ER1?

johnketch

Expert
out riding and my sled dies
its a 2006 apex rtx
sled will start and idle fine, but when you give it some throttle it will move a couple of feet then die. whats going on? i have no clue.
it does say er1 on the cluster

johnketch said:
out riding and my sled dies
its a 2006 apex rtx
sled will start and idle fine, but when you give it some throttle it will move a couple of feet then die. whats going on? i have no clue.
it does say er1 on the cluster

It should mean "No signal from the ECU"

A whole list of trouble codes can be found at this link (elsewhere on this site)

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=42869

Also, check your grounds, for rub throughs and connections for corosion

I don't have any idea about the code but the symptoms sound exactly like a TORS issue......check for any ice or obstruction around the floating pivot point for the throttle lever......one time I got some ice in my rx1 and that is exactly what it did. Good Luck!

If its a ECU issue... I would unplug it and put some dielectric grease on connectors and try it again. But it sounds more like the TPS sensor is stuck or the throttle cable is too tight... did you recently change the riser ... be sure there is slack in the throttle cable when turning in all directions...

i recently put it in the garage and thawed it all out for two days
then found two inches of water in the airbox
thought it might have swallowed some water

johnketch said:
i recently put it in the garage and thawed it all out for two days
then found two inches of water in the airbox
thought it might have swallowed some water

Crazy you would see the code for that but that makes sense why it would shut off the you would drive the sled and it would try to injeste the water it would cut out...thank for the response back on your findings.

i found a test for the TPS, where you can watch the reading on your cluster
mine seems to be working fine range 15 to 98
must be a bad ecm or wireing
:o| :o| :o| :o|

rx1pat said:
I got that code when I blew the driveshaft bearing on my 06 Apex. If it wasn't replaced recently, check it.

Good call, i had a few min. and i pulled the secondary,the bearing is shot
speed sensor touching the shaft

Thanks guys for all the help, be back on the trails soon

:jump:

rx1pat said:
I got that code when I blew the driveshaft bearing on my 06 Apex. If it wasn't replaced recently, check it.

Nice job! With that ER code you have to work your way down. It is surprising how many problems can produce the ER code.

buddah said:
I don't have any idea about the code but the symptoms sound exactly like a TORS issue......check for any ice or obstruction around the floating pivot point for the throttle lever......one time I got some ice in my rx1 and that is exactly what it did. Good Luck!

sory i didnt get to meet you last sat at the half pint, i did try to steal your table though

well the new bearing is in and the speed sensor is ground down an eighth of an inch
but the sled runs and drives but no spedo
i dont understand why before it would not drive and now its fine with no speed signal

johnketch said:
well the new bearing is in and the speed sensor is ground down an eighth of an inch
i dont understand why before it would not drive and now its fine with no speed signal

I wonder if the speed sensor was making contact with the speedo gear sending the signal... and not the gap is to big for the speedo sensor to sense the speed.

MrSled said:
johnketch said:

I wonder if the speed sensor was making contact with the speedo gear sending the signal... and not the gap is to big for the speedo sensor to sense the speed.

im thinking shorted to the drive shaft suts off fuel, but open(big airgap) no spedo only

Back