• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ever use RED LINE WATER WETTER® COOLANT ADDITIVES

yooper1

Expert
I am having a cooling issue with my Nytro now that it is super charged. I just got my tunnel coolers from MPI but this is not a quick install, has anyone ever used this, RED LINE WATER WETTER® COOLANT ADDITIVES?

It is suppost to work great? and feedback would be great.

yooper1 said:
I am having a cooling issue with my Nytro now that it is super charged. I just got my tunnel coolers from MPI but this is not a quick install, has anyone ever used this, RED LINE WATER WETTER® COOLANT ADDITIVES?

It is suppost to work great? and feedback would be great.
Used it in my Grizzly and it worked great but I am not sure how much it alters the freeze point to use in a sled?

i am going to try 1/3 of it in the system.

I also see that the over-flow hose might be pinched by my trail tank. It had the pipes from the motor to the header replaced by the dealer under warranty, so I'll pull it and look. The over flow tank is full and the Rad is low so I am hoping that is it.

yooper1 said:
i am going to try 1/3 of it in the system.

I also see that the over-flow hose might be pinched by my trail tank. It had the pipes from the motor to the header replaced by the dealer under warranty, so I'll pull it and look. The over flow tank is full and the Rad is low so I am hoping that is it.

That would do it.

How much of this stuff are you adding? My sled is in at night and during the day should be fine. I was only going to add 1/3 of the bottle. Like 4-5 oz. What are you all running?

I have used it in turbo charged car for track use. Can't say it made much difference, but it can't hurt. As for freeze point... it is designed for automotive use; Redline is not going to put out a product that is going to alter freeze point. You are adding a small amount with coolant, no different than adding water with coolant. if you are wanting to add 5 oz of redline water wetter than take out 10 oz's of coolant from your system and add equal amounts of water wetter and straight coolant.

I use it in mine, 2 seasons of riding and I have not seen temp light yet, (2500 mi). Not sure my temp light even works have never had it come on.

Back