• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Evo flash

Ontarioviperxtx

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder xtx
16 viper xtx se SOLD
08 nytro rtx SOLD
Thinking of getting evo 2.5 flash there are times I am not able to run aftermarket exhaust! I realize I won’t have the gains but could I still run it with stock exhaust when needed

Evo's tunes are really good. That 2.5 tune would work for you

Forgive my ignorance here, but what are the differences pros/cons between sending the ecu out to be reflashed vs a pro commander and ignition module. Looking to boost the Viper just a bit and am having a difficult time deciphering which route would be better. I have a few unanswered calls out to a couple places regarding this topic....

Forgive my ignorance here, but what are the differences pros/cons between sending the ecu out to be reflashed vs a pro commander and ignition module. Looking to boost the Viper just a bit and am having a difficult time deciphering which route would be better. I have a few unanswered calls out to a couple places regarding this topic....

I can’t say I have heard of too many people going that route. PCv and ignition module would probably cost about the same or a little more?

After talking a bit with Evo over the last couple of days, my ECU will shipped out soon for the 2.5 as well :) Looking forward to giving the Viper that little bit extra it should have...

I am running EVO flash and the PC with autotune and ignition module.

My take is that I can really dial things in as I use the PC for data-logging.

The EVO flash will give you more. Have it flashed and it's all done for you.

Unless you really know what you are doing....you can change the timing with the PC with ignition module....but it's not as easy as everyone thinks.

The PC does very well at controlling fuel with a good map....but again, you have to build or create a fuel map.

I am running EVO flash and the PC with autotune and ignition module.

My take is that I can really dial things in as I use the PC for data-logging.

The EVO flash will give you more. Have it flashed and it's all done for you.

Unless you really know what you are doing....you can change the timing with the PC with ignition module....but it's not as easy as everyone thinks.

The PC does very well at controlling fuel with a good map....but again, you have to build or create a fuel map.

Forgive my ignorance here, this is more of a question than a n informed statement.
Cant you run autotune with PC V and the auto tune will adjust the fuel curve over time, then you can save that map?
Or do i have that wrong?
Obviously you need the exhaust port\sensor for the autotune, but i was under the impression the stock exhaust sensor is doing nothing and can be removed?

Forgive my ignorance here, this is more of a question than a n informed statement.
Cant you run autotune with PC V and the auto tune will adjust the fuel curve over time, then you can save that map?
Or do i have that wrong?
Obviously you need the exhaust port\sensor for the autotune, but i was under the impression the stock exhaust sensor is doing nothing and can be removed?
That is correct somewhat. When I used Auto tune I got much better tunes by using it as you would tune on a dyno and then Turning it off. Ex:1/4throttle,Turn autotune on,Save,Turn it off,1/2 throttle.....etc. Maybe over a long period of running it under Auto it will average but I just saw really odd tuning caused from conditions. The PCV should come with a O2 sensor bypass plug but yes with the latest Yamaha/Cat flash its not needed anymore.

Or do i have that wrong?

I’ve never run an auto tune on a sled, but have used them quite a lot in the past on street bikes, everything you said is correct as far as saving the maps. What worked best for me is to set it up within the software so that the auto tune can adjust say +/- 20 from where your original map is. Once that’s set I would go out and do a good ride, atleast 100 miles and allows try to focus on relatively smooth throttle delivery both and and off so that the auto tune can appropriately adjust in all the different fuel cells (rpm ranges). After the first longer ride I’d accept the changes and load the new map and then just go for a short ride and make sure the “new” map was still pretty close. Then I’d narrow up the window to +/- 10 so that the map couldn’t be changed near as drastically, repeat all the same steps again and then I’d finish off with +/- 5 and that’s where I left it set and I always left the auto tune hooked up and running. I’ve heard from some people that they can have some off the chart numbers using the auto tune where it makes very drastic changes from the original map. I never had any of those issues myself but I’m sure anything is possible there. One bike in particular had a preloaded map from the performance company specific to their full exhaust and intake setup and after I got some miles on the bike I knew for sure that the map was out of wack. Got the auto tune on it and did all the steps above and my final map ended up pulling 25-30 % of the fuel away in the mid range from the original map and it made an unbelievable difference in the throttle response and power delivery. The other real nice thing is that within the auto tune software you can set your target afr. So say at your cruising rpm ranges where you’re only 1/2 throttle or so you can have your auto tune set to run a bit leaner there so that it’s more fuel efficient but will also help with the on/off throttle response, then at WOT you can riches it up to a safe afr range..and then in the “in between” areas you can make your afr have gradual changes that follow your throttle position and rpm. Lots of fun if you like playing with all that but still very simple. 10 minutes playing with the software and anyone can figure out how to use it and make the proper changes. I’ve heard good things on the evo flash..I myself always go back to the whole resale thing. With the power commander setup you can always take everything back off, set it back to stock and sell any performance parts you have when it comes time to sell where as the evo flash is permanent. Without intake and exhaust mods you’ll definitely be disappointed with the $500 you spent on a pc5 and auto tune, may give you a bit more response but I wouldn’t plan on a stock sled have much if any more power or speed without doing the intake and exhaust changes along with proper clutching.

Thank all of you for the info!!! I finally made up my mind. The computer it as evo now for a 2.5 flash. It will be going in with an Excell intake, Evo can, and a Big Venom clutch kit. Just waiting on the computer to put back together, then its on to a small pile of BOP parts and skis for both the Viper and the Winder... Winter is coming.............

Back