• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Excell Exhaust Plastics Melting

acesfan05

Extreme
According to the Excell Exhaust instructions, the stock OEM plastics can be used with the silencer, but you take the risk of the plastics melting. The instructions also say the Excell plastics can melt as well if you do not have a 5 minute cool down period before you stop.

I am running with no plastics now, and wonder if anyone has any ideas on this. Have any of you had your plastics melt?

Thanks,
Will

I melted the excell plastics on the second ride, but that was because the end of my pipe blew the stuffing out and heated up. excell said that was the first one and sent me new plastics and a sealed pipe. 1200 miles since then and no problem with plastics, pipe sounds great. I keep a close eye on the pipe now.

kingewards99 and yami ryder -

How you do you guys ride? I ride a fairly high rates of speed and sometimes stop, let it idle for 30 seconds then turn it off. That's where excell says it might be a problem.

What's your riding style?

Back