• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust plastic?

LeeKo

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Has anyone run their nytro without the plastic fairing around the exhaust? Is there any drawbacks?

Ran mine with out it for a weekend while I was in the process of converting to a under tunnel dump. Didn't notice any problems just more snow packed around it.

no plastic

Flainx,

Could you patch the holes and prevent the snow build-up? Did it look o.k.?

Leeko

Here's what I did to mine to try and eliminate the ice build up.
There's still open space for airflow around the exhaust, I covered the back where most ice attaches. It's smoother, so what does form should fall off. Hopefully it will save some weight in ice.

Attachments

• DSC01925-copy_edited (Small).JPG
    DSC01925-copy_edited (Small).JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC01927 (Small).JPG
    DSC01927 (Small).JPG
    32 KB · Views: 90
Trying to prevent this..

Attachments

• DSC01040.jpg
    DSC01040.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC01043.jpg
    DSC01043.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 78
  • DSC01689 (Small).JPG
    DSC01689 (Small).JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 87
yamy07 said:
Here's what I did to mine to try and eliminate the ice build up.
There's still open space for airflow around the exhaust, I covered the back where most ice attaches. It's smoother, so what does form should fall off. Hopefully it will save some weight in ice.

YA! I have the Hauk silencer, with the wide open hole. Snow and Ice was getting clogged up there real quick. Any problems with studs hitting the plate, during heavy riding? Thinking or adding a plate to keep the white stuff out of the opening. Probably help keep things cooler too!

I would put a under tunnel exhaust on and rear heat exchanger to eliminate all that ice! I put a plate on mine and it did a nice job! I had some build up but nothing remotely close to that!!!

DSCF1570.jpg

DSCF1576.jpg

So far my tunnel cover plate has been working well - ice/slush buildup seems mostly eliminated. I need to see how it performs in colder temps before I deem the problem fixed.

Back