• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Exhaust Removal Pipe is stuck

viper7mi

Expert
My 06 Attak exhaust is stuck. Tried to push with screw driver on the clamp . Hit the can with hammer on a piece of 2x4 centered.

The pipe is so tight to pipes I can't get it off..

Suggestions. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1481410363858323982686.jpg
    1481410363858323982686.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

My 06 Attak exaust is stuck. Tried to push with screw driver on the clam . Hit the can with hammer on a piece of 2x4 centered.

The pipe is so tight to pipes I can't get it off..

Suggestions. Thanks.

Make sure the front bolts for the mid pipes are tight and dont remove the clamp and or donuts on the flex joints. Remove clamps as you have show in picture, remove bolts that hold down the can and then you have to pry it back and forth side to side as you are pulling back.. it will come off. Lots of swearing.. but it will come off.

what Mr.Sled said, plus mine were super tight as well, I shot some WD-40 on the gaskets and lit the muffler section up with a torch a bit. Side to side wiggling and pulling does the trick!

Do a search on my user name. I fought the same battle last Oct there's some good information there as well for reinstall. You can PM as well I'd walk you through it over the phone.IMG_20151224_152541_296.jpg

Heavy duty air hammer (Just like an Impact) with a flat bit and some wood or some hard plastic . Some heat sometimes if ya need it ,and it will move .

Back