• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Eye Candy (2016 Viper MPI)

98Slim

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Its a secret
Took this at CNY Power Sports this morning.....sweet ride
2016viper_mpiT.jpeg

can wee see better the corner of your pipe???

New heatshield ??? Or shield doubler???

Last edited:
The Corner that RUb some panel! Up the "I" of MPI

And the heatshield under the 2 bolt (exhaust) look different than my 2015

can wee see better the corner of your pipe???

New heatshield ??? Or shield doubler???
Some dealers bend in that corner so it dose not run up on the panel. Some dealers know to check if it does rub and some do not.

Sent from my iPhone

Mine is not bent in doesn't even come close.

Where the header mounts to the turbo is the closest. It is rubbing a bit there but the plat mix fits fine.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446900667.868933.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446900698.069604.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1446900726.055447.jpg

That's what starts to happen if they do not bend it

But some do not need it. You don't need to bend it if it does not touch

Sent from my iPhone

image.jpg

? I was told by my dealer who spoke to Josh at MPI that, the problem is TURBO systeme Allignement and i seriousily doubt it........ Nothing can be moved on my system compressor is 1 -2 mm away from the motor and waste gate1-2 mm of chaincase, it is more than tight! As we can see they all rub and melt the pannel a bit and they DENIED it.......

Last edited:
View attachment 111395
? I was told by my dealer who spoke to Josh at MPI that, the problem is TURBO systeme Allignement and i seriousily doubt it........ Nothing can be moved on my system , it is more than tight! As we can see they all rub and melt the pannel a bit and they DENIED it.......
Well then... It was my dealers first time installing my dads so I don't think they would have known.. But I'm just going to put a couple layers of heat tape on then it should stop

Sent from my iPhone

There was a thread on this a wile back and a member on here posted that the dealer that installs it is supposed to check that area and if it rubs then need to fold the corner in

Sent from my iPhone

Heat tape or anything like it would change NOTHING it is not realy melting, it Is RUBBING hard...
Like i mention in other post, id rather have my exhaust "chrome" than smash whit hammer....

Wont fit well thats it !!!
MPI SHOULD resolve that problem( i DONT buy the hammer solution)

Heat tape or anything like it would change NOTHING it is not realy melting, it Is RUBBING hard...
Like i mention in other post, id rather have my exhaust "chrome" than smash whit hammer....

Wont fit well thats it !!!
MPI SHOULD resolve that problem( i DONT buy the hammer solution)
I agree. It is a relatively easy fix, I would think. We are talking about a quarter inch here.

I just checked my sled. It doesn't touch but It's so close that if the plastics rattle much it will rub I'm sure.

I can't see the muffler being very hot there. It's like you said more of a hard rub through.

Sorry guys, this is the only Picture I took, this sled is on dealer floor...the dealer ordered it as there "demo" sled. The salesman did show me the corner of the muffler that had to be modified (bent in). The dealer did a great job, it didn't look like they took a hammer to it...it wasn't all scratched up, to me it looked factory.

Back