• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fan Reverse Poll

I have reversed the radiator fan in my Viper and,

• Had occasional slight overheat same as fan not reversed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DC5 and Freersy did you guys run manual switch? Curious if there is a common thread in the issue

Trail riding last year. Late season riding.
No manual switch for me

Trail riding last year. Late season riding.
No manual switch for me
Sorry, was at work and couldn't give a more detailed description earlier.

First, I'm primarily a trail rider, always wanted to get into the off trail riding but never really had the right sled for it. So for me I didn't have any of the issues that warranted the fan reverse. So late in the season I was going out to the western Maine mountain region with some friends that primarily ride off trail. So while getting the sled ready I reversed the fan just in case. It ended up being in the 50s by mid day. We were using trails and plowed logging roads to get from area to area. Once we got to their off trail spots I wouldn't have problems but getting from spot to spot I'd heat up enough for the fan to kick on and then the temp would skyrocket fast. Swapped it back and it would still heat up enough for the fan to kick on but it could hold the temp until we'd get back into the deeper snow.

I did not vote. I have never had the hot start or the stream issue. My fan is reversed on a switch and I have never had a cooling issue, yet. I ride trails, roads sections if need be, lakes, and only a small small amount of off trail. I also have a ton of vents on my sled....... My sled has never ran above 175* while riding. So the fan isn't even an issue.

Last edited:
I found that in marginal conditions (minimal cover, warm, wet packy snow) and in warm temps my sled wanted to run 190-210 constantly with the fan reversed. With fan orientation proper it stuck to the 190 range much better.

In other words if you ride in conditions that don't require extended operation of the fan you should be fine, but if the fan is needed on a regular basis while underway you will likely come up short as the loss in air flow is just too much.

I should get votes two because of my wife's sled and mine, it causes overheating at speed (100 Klm +) in low snow conditions.
It was worse on mine with COTC and the sled running very revy.

Back