• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Feedback on Bergstrom skegs

Daranello said:
How much top end did you lose?
Hard to say, depends on the snow conditions. I did average my mpg and made about 1 to 2 mpg more. Didn't get a chance to try it back to back but I was hitting 110 gps before I bought them and after installing couldn't get above 108. Conditions were a factor too. Took them off and later in the year on some thin snow covered ice hit 112 gps. My best speed to date. I figure better mileage must convert to some top end as well.

Used the 8" TP's, 3/8" ski savers and shims on the the stock skis most of the year. Absolutely AMAZING. Railed, minimal hunting and I believe I will get close to 5000k miles out of these things and I do a considerable amount of road riding each year.

Just switched this entire set-up onto a pair of factory mountain skis and I will not be switching back. With the deeper keel and wider profile, my Attak rails even better and now the front end stays up much better than with the stock skis.

Scott Bergstrom knows what he is talking about, great product, GREAT customer service.

Todd

I've reported this before. 4000 miles on set of triplepoints hardly any wear. Great handliing with skisavers ans shims. Best wearbar product on the market. IMHO

Just talked to Scott today. Told him he needs to read some of these threads LOL. If anyone is even THINKING about using his stuff DO IT!! He has always been willing to give refunds if you aren't satisfied. Looked at a pair of bars that were not shimmed when installed {NOT YAMAHA} and the front of the bar was worn down to practically nothing. Fella would NOT shim his skiis. Scott refunded his money. 2 1/4" pieces of plastic and 2 screws ... and he wouldn't even try it. Fella's, this works. Combine the Ski Saver and the Triplepoint and you have a longlasting, dartfree combo. And for those who claim they lost speed... not my experience. FULLY loaded Attak, me (300 with gear), saddlebags packed for a week, tankbag full, AND Maxdlx bag strapped on the back. 126 on the dreammeter. Yes, perfect conditions, but my 8" bars had only 250 miles on them at the time. OK , I am DONE now LOL!!

skis

Any one running simmons witn the bergstrom runners? How much carbide are you running on the inside and the outside?Next years project.On an apex er 07

Re: skis

garyw said:
Any one running simmons witn the bergstrom runners? How much carbide are you running on the inside and the outside?Next years project.On an apex er 07

I run 8 inch on the inside and 4 inch on the outside. The sled handles very good with no darting at all. Steering effort is slightly more difficult than stock which is very easy when not darting.

Darting

I have used the Berstrom triples on my 02 Viper which I just retired with 9800 miles on it. I used the triples for almost 7 thousand miles and the still have plenty of wear left in them. There was still a little darting so I tried the dual runner stud boys. That really seemed to settle it down. Once I got rid of the no action pro action and put an M-10 in the rear it was an awesome sled.

I too have had great success with triple 8 and shim on apex GT.
3 k miles on them and working fine and I do not think any top end lost.

Yamadoo

I am running the 8" triple points with 3/8" ski savers & supplied shims from Scott. I can't say enough good things about this set-up on my stock '07 Apex skis.

Night and day difference from stock carbides that lasted one weekend or the 8" single carbides that I had to use one weekend while I was waiting for my triple points.

No darting and it rails like nothing else! The durability is unbelievable! 1500 miles of trail riding with plenty of rocks, dirt, gravel, and road / parking lot crossings and they still look almost like new.

Great product, great customer service, They are worth every cent that Scott charges IMO.

Amazing the difference of opinions here. I thought they were OK, but certainly darted more than Woody's Dooly's. When running the 3/8" ski shim to get rid of the darting, it wants to push in the corners. It's a balancing act! I have purchased a couple sets of Sno-Trackers to try and from what I have heard from a few on the forum, they are the real deal. No darting or pushing. I'd take the Woodys Dooly or Stud Boy Duece bars first. I hope the sno-trackers pan out. I'm tired of the compromising between darting and pushing. I want perfection in the steering, not a compromise. I spent $1000 last year alone on pilot skis, and different carbide between the stock skis and the pilots.

I am running the yamaha mountain skis for better floatation while playing or breaking trail. in the deeper stufff. We have the 3/8 ski savers on and 6" skegs and I absolutely love the set up it works great and almost all of the darting is gone and holds the trail well to boot. Scott nailed the set up for us, I can turn my mountain sled right around on a narrow road now and there was no way I could do that with my stock set up. Thanks Scott we are very happy with our set up and the service we received. ;)! ;)!

Back