• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Feedback on Bergstrom skegs

I have 8" standard Bergstroms with 3/8 skis savers 108 studs downs the middle. Could not get TPs at the time. My 07 Atack turns very well but the standard skis do dart in fresh groom. This summer I will purchase 8 " TPs with ski savers & use standard Bergs for low snow conditions. 2200 miles on standard bergs & min. wear. Snowtrackers look good but don't know how well they will wear. Scott is a very good guy & sells a great product so leaning towards the TPs.

Well, 3 pages of 100% praise ought to convince somebody!! I've got a set of them sitting on the workbench for next season, and will be adding them to my other sleds!!

Whitedust,

Don't waste your time switching back and forth for low snow conditions. I ran my 8" triple points over 1500 miles that included plenty of rocks, dirt, gravel, concrete, & asphalt. They still look almost new!

Check out the pavement test videos on Scott's website. You will not need to remove the tp's for any condition.

6" tripples with 3/8" ski savers on my Nytro

4" Tripples with 3/8" ski savers on my Phazer Moutain Lite.

Excellent product. For me they work great. Longest lasting carbide ever. The whole package does help reduce darting........But I do understand where knappAttak is coming from. There is some push in certain conditions. It only makes sense that the host bar is buried 3/8" of an inch inside the ski saver groove. However after a few hundred miles on the ski savers they wear and contour naturally around the keel of the ski and the push decreases. 3 times I have put a brand new Bergstrom set up on one of my sleds. And while its noticable immediately I think it really rocks after you put on a few hundred miles. JMO.

re: Bergstom triple points

guys, I love these carbides. However, I'm at the point right now of going to another setup just because of the fact that I can not reach Scott.

I know on his website he says to keep calling, but yesterday I called him 32 times, Monday I tried 5 times, I tried 16 times today so far, plus everyday last week. I'm going up north on Saturday and my current 8" TP's I took a chunk of the carbide out somehow (approx 2,500 miles). I just switched from a studded track to a non-studded track because I threw 2 studs into my radiator and had too much time not riding on my trips because of hole in radiator. The studded track came from the previous owner. I had 8" TP's as scott had recommended at the time, however I'm trying to figure if I should keep the 8" or go to 6" since now I dont have any studs.

Scott has built an amazing product and runs most of his business operations extremely well. Being a business owner myself, I think that there's some simple things that would make him as well known as woodys and stud boy. The #1 thing I think he needs to do is implement an online ordering system which wouldn't be very expensive. This way people like me who are attempting to call him and cant get through, dont get frustrated and go with another provider because you cant reach Scott. Not only will I have to spend 2x as much but I also wont have a good ride on the other providers carbides. I'm looking for other recommendations as I need something by this Saturday...

-Ted

2007 Yamaha Apex RTX

x2 I am starting to think that he may be ill. The phone has been off the hook for weeks.

I think he just can't keep up with demand and make them fast enough.

Grimm is correct. Spoke to him face to face yesterday. He's buried, as usual. He and 2 guys running 12+ hrs a day. I cannot convince him to hire somone to answer the phone :o| :o| Sorry fella's, I've been trying.

You need to order them in July to be sure you will have them for the season. GREAT PRODUCT!.........By the way Grimm, from Barney to the Grim Reaper? You sir are the complete package.

Back