• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally broke it!

SumpBuster

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
USA
Snowmobile
18 sidewinder; 06 Apex RTX
The original titanium header that is. Why the right side cylinder? This is the third donut replacement, 06 rtx, but twice this was the worst one and now the only flange broken. Need a right side y now. Read all the comments on the repair flange, but rather put a good one on. Left side looks fine...all clamps tight.
2018-02-17 18.02.06.jpg

Everyone gets to this point sooner or later.... My 07 titanium pipes finally broke at the flare so they where replaced with updated stainless one along with copper donuts. Check VERY close at all your bellows coming off the engine at this time also as I found one split and leaking bad. would have sucked to put it all together only to take apart again. I took them all off and leak tested them.

Thanks. I will. I can hear them when no else seems to.....anything off a little is a donut. Even passed the covered exhaust stall thing...
..I put my ear by the thermostat housing...a friend has an 06 and I told him his are shot...he's bummed...so I'll have 2 to do....just did a nytro....rx chassis...went great, even drilling the button heads out and saving the threads.. Just gotta get the pipes apart without me getting mad and getting the gun...not heat gun....lol!

Last edited:
Its really a job ya just want to chill and take your time with as everything must go together well. It is worth it .

I know...I 'll pound some....watch Daytona....take a deep breath...lol...we got a 3 inch teaser snow, but it's supposed to be in the 60''s by wednesday...so no hurry....I have the sidewinder, but have to admit, love my old apex too! Never let me down. Not once.

Back