• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Finally building my nytro

dennyboy

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2012 nytro XTX 1998 srx 600
Hi guys bought my nytro last year and rode through that terrible winter made 8 trips to the up because minneaota sucked. My freinds and i put on 1600 miles. In those 1600 miles i found a few things i did not like about the sled. We ride pretty hard but slow enough to stay safe. I found that the sled pushed bad in the corners. I changed the shocks up and tightened up the front straps. Also added some 6 and 8 inch carbides to my tuner skis which all helped but wasnt as good as my srx still.

This year i am doing some C&A razor skis with some 8 inch shapers. Oft relocate, pcv, and a clutch and wrap and polishing up the tunnel. So far i have the skis on and the oft in and one side of the tunnel polished. Pcv should be in this week.

Still trying to decide what clutch to get and who to use for the map for the pcv. Any recommendations would be helpful.

Dull side

Shiny side

Relocate

Old then new skis

Hear good things about Schmidt brothers clutch kit, I order one off Chris should be here soon... seems like a really nice guy and knows his stuff... can't wait to see how it performs...

Hear good things about Schmidt brothers clutch kit, I order one off Chris should be here soon... seems like a really nice guy and knows his stuff... can't wait to see how it performs...
Did you order it through ty or did you call them

Called them directly, his name is Chris, do a search on Schmidt brothers clutch on the nytro and you will read for your self...

Go with the ulmer clutch kit.

What is the PCV for? Unless you have full exhaust and intake mods, sell it or return it where you bought it from. Wont do a thing on a stock sled, except make your wallet lighter.

The OFT locate is a great mod. Just a heads up with those skis you picked up. Your sled will be a bear to turn. They do handle well, definitely wont push as much as the tuners do, but I found the steering effort with those skis ridiculous.

Now pray for snow!

Go with the ulmer clutch kit.

What is the PCV for? Unless you have full exhaust and intake mods, sell it or return it where you bought it from. Wont do a thing on a stock sled, except make your wallet lighter.

The OFT locate is a great mod. Just a heads up with those skis you picked up. Your sled will be a bear to turn. They do handle well, definitely wont push as much as the tuners do, but I found the steering effort with those skis ridiculous.

Now pray for snow!
Thanks for the input i got the pcv for a really good price it is used but made for my sled. I am going to do intake and exhaust as budget allows.

As for the razors i figured they would be harder to turn but figured they would help alot with my pushing problem. Hoping there the best of both worlds. But if they dont work i can allways sell and try again. Couldnt stand the tuners.

My RTX has a SB comfort clutch kit, Wife's XTX is Ulmer's- defiantly like the XTX's pull, @ about 45mph on hard pack it hooks up and lifts the skis.
Tuners with Stud Boy 4" in/out, 80# in the floats and some ski pressure they track straight & no push.

I have Curve skis as I did'nt care for the Tuners push in the corner as well. They were a bear to turn, but they turn on a dime and rarely push. I found some suspension adjustments that helped alot with the steering effort that was written by an aftermarket ski manufacturer for Snow tech magazine ( can't find it now) , but did find a youtube video of another suspension setup to help with hard steering that basically is the same thing. Increasing front ski preload, center shock etc. can help with the steering effort. She may be alittle harder in the bumps ,but turn alot easier. Check out the video.

Good luck

Pete

I recomend Ulmer as well.

I love the razors and use them on everything. If you find the steering effort to be to much switch from the shaper bars to the slim Jim doolies.

My xtx is lowered and valved in the front end by star suspension it rails with no ski lift. Stock skis with trackers. Check the pic and you'll see how flat it sits. And it doesn't bottom. Unless I hit massive g outs.
d82c8d534112cd5384d3873a93096249.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Take some turns out of ski shocks to get it to smooth out. Skis are huge help. Wrp seat is a perfect match to it. Besides rebuild/revalue and have the twisted spring kit front and rear from hygear. You will be amazed and love it after you do that!

Back