• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

finally found the problem !!!! isc unit

rage man

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
finally figured out the nytro when in diagnostic mode last night there's a test for the isc idle speed control unit when on 54 in diag mode press the hand thumb warmer down and it will cycle the isc open to close 3 times an you will hear / feel it moving did it 2 times seemed weak 3rd time it actually kicked in an you heard it fully move before i did this it wouldn't even start let alone idle after it kicked in i turned the key off then started the sled flashed right up an idled perfect but it keeps sticking in the manual it says do not remove fully from the throttle bodies an you can not buy just that part it says replace throttle bodies i was going to try and pull it out a little bit an clean it i got nothing to lose anyone ever have this out or know why they don't sell it or want you to remove it from the throttle bodies

Not a problem I've ever heard much about, so you probably wont find much info on it. Keep this thread updated though, so others can reference it in the future.

With the amount of mud in NS now, I bought another quad. With the great start to the season it was only a matter of time before nature reminded us that having a sled is a waste of time and money.. Anyways, added my 3rd yamaha to my fleet of toys - raptor 700 to go along with the nytro and r1! :Rockon:

ya i never heard of it before either i found a set of throttle bodies for 200 but im going to try an free it up tomorrow night

ahah ya mother nature is a crule bitch lol think ill order the stater for my trx700xx

well took it out today just like idle air on a car came out nothing attached to it from inside I see absolutely no reason why Yamaha couldn't sell this part it ohms out correctly but will not pull it self back in I found a set of throttle bodies but I don't see y I couldn't just swap the isc unit instead of the whole throttle bodies anyone know any Yamaha engineers lol

Some stuff makes no sense with Yamaha parts. I wanted to buy the aluminum latch on the back of the seat shield. It's where the rear muffler plastic cover hooks into and 2 screws hold the plastic down under the seat. They told me I had to buy the whole shield. Some scrap aluminum and a vise and I made one. Thanks god they come out with the hi/lo button that everyone breaks. $110 for the switch housing just to make your lights work. They should be able to sell any part even separately if it is riveted onto another part. No reason why they couldn't sell all the electronic components if they wanted to .

Did you have any luck getting it to work again by cleaning it and putting it back in??
Did you have to remove the radiator and bunch of other parts to get it out?

Back