• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Peek at the 2009's

For some reason I read these "rumor" posts, idk why, haha...I LOVE my '07 APEX RTX...so guys stop getting me excited about the '09s LOL!! I just got my '07 ; )

I love my 2006 Apex GT,
The only reason to sell it would be if I was to pick-up a 2008 Apex GT ( 40th anniversary ) for the right price.

Does anyone think that with Doo releasing their new motor that Yammie will respond with something big in 09. I'll be in the market this spring (time to retire the viper.) Would love to see them keep the pressure on.
:yam:

It would be smart and a great trump, but they are one company that is hard to read... I nice 160 with better fuel economy than the current Apex and 50lbs lighter is going to really heat things up.... My sled will surely be for-sale if it happens.

Hey Yamaha are you listening?

AS long as everybody is throwing in their $.02 (or $.03 Cdn) how about something between the Phazer and Nytro? I love the Apex and have likes and dislikes about my wife's Phazer Mountain. How about a 105-115 horse twin with a 144" X 16" X 2.25" 3.0 pitch track, extroverts, front end styling of the Nytro, one piece tunnel with no gaping holes in it, Fox Floats all around, decent storage in the seat, good handwarmers, hooked bars, a better mountain strap, Simmons or Slydog skis and a gripper seat cover like the MX bikes.....oh and a price tag of around $8,000........huh?

Somebody was talking of the YZ250F motor for a kids sled why not just the 450 motor and build something like the old Elan or Bravo in a modern chassis. :rules

They need to do something because it is embarassing to be getting beat by 2 strokes in fuel mileage.

I agree... They should be better on fuel... They are not bad, but a 1000SDI with 172hp, get as better milage than a 150hp Apex... Basically the same weight with E-start... on the fuel side of things the 2 vs 4 stroke still has some very good mpg, both ways, with the 2 getting the upper hand IMO.... Yamaha needs to step up there MPG with the same or better Power.... I would gladly wait another year for it to come.

I agree also, for a two stroke to get better mpg's than a 4 is embarrasing, but does the reliability of a 4 stroke matter? I don't know, how many people keep their sleds for 20,000 miles. IMO. I just don't want to wait another year for a new sled! Hope they have something planned. I have been looking at Doo for my next possible sled, but you can't beat the quality of a Yamaha. I guess we'll have to wait and see.[/quote]

SledFreak said:
I agree... They should be better on fuel... They are not bad, but a 1000SDI with 172hp, get as better milage than a 150hp Apex... Basically the same weight with E-start... on the fuel side of things the 2 vs 4 stroke still has some very good mpg, both ways, with the 2 getting the upper hand IMO.... Yamaha needs to step up there MPG with the same or better Power.... I would gladly wait another year for it to come.

The fuel economy doesn't bother me much, but I'd prefer the Apex to at least get the same as the RX-1. Its the fuel range that really bugs me.

Give me an 09 Apex RTX with the FX Nytro RTX rear skid and a 50+ liter tank and I'll be happy (stick with the same 07 skid, but ship it with a Carver revalved center and main shock plus a pair of rear torsion springs with more preload and I'll be happy enough too).

I can run the sled with a 1/2 full fuel tank any time I want to line up with my buddies on the lake...

Oh yeah, also throw in a pair of Skidoo anti-ratchet drivers, a pre-punched for studs track and very durable idler wheels.

GIMME SNOW said:
I agree also, for a two stroke to get better mpg's than a 4 is embarrasing, but does the reliability of a 4 stroke matter? I don't know, how many people keep their sleds for 20,000 miles. IMO. I just don't want to wait another year for a new sled! Hope they have something planned. I have been looking at Doo for my next possible sled, but you can't beat the quality of a Yamaha. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I'm going to. Should have 12,000 miles at the end of this year.

That's one of the main reasons I bought the 4-stroke.

If I was still going to trade every or every other year, I MIGHT still consider 2-strokes.

Very refined outfit Yamaha is. While the other manufactures seem to be trying real hard :exc: it seems Yamaha is just getting warmed up! :Rockon:

favarcat said:
I'm going to. Should have 12,000 miles at the end of this year.

That's one of the main reasons I bought the 4-stroke.

If I was still going to trade every or every other year, I MIGHT still consider 2-strokes.

Yeah your probably right, I have never owned a 4 stroke sled, I really want to next year, I guess I'm just picky, about the package. Give me the Nytro with 160 hp and I'll sign on the dotted line. I was thinking about mpg's also, with the cost of this sport maybe mpg's isn't that important. After all it's all about having fun and enjoying yourself right.

Have been hearing rumors of more hp Apex, and Nytro in 136" but thats about it. Would like to see Apex in Nytro chassis, oh and a 100 hp phazer.
How much longer do we have to wait? Maybe with Doo releasing mid-season, we won't have to wait till March. We'll see I guess

Coming from a Viper I dont think you will be dissapointed with the Nytro power as it is.. I hear alot of people wanting 160-190hp and i guess they want to on the BADEST sled etc.. But how many of those riders can actually use all of those 190HP? In my opinion you have to have roadlike trails not to have enough power in the Nytro.

OK im from sweden and we dont have groomed trails as you guys have and have never seen them other than on pics so I might not be a great judge on this.

A friend of mine had a Lynx rave 800 with twinpipes porting etc. and he couldnt eaven ceep up with me on my -06 Nytro. Now the thing is he was alot faster on a 600cc sled on the trails we had to race. That according to him and all of us looking at him riding was because he had alot more controll of the power in the 600.

At sledtalk chris talked about maybe owning a "Nypex".. What is saying that the "Nypex" isnt an DBII chassis with 130 engine?

/K

Back