• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Peek at the 2009's

for the 2007 it was 13 feb i bought my 2006 the 15 feb i hope it will be in feb again ask your dealer

A new Apex lists for $12,199, now add a turbo charger or super charger that might run $5,000 to $6,000.
Do you really think there is a market for sleds coming from the factory at $17,000-$18,000?

2006 ApexGT (when we rarely have snow)
2004 Road Star Warrior 1700cc ( when we don't have rain )
1998 SRX-700 ( for "shits")
1975 Gp-246 F ( for "giggles")
two alcohol burning go carts ( only when we've been drinking )

Yes, but limited in numbers, so your point is well taken.
Although a factory turbo is being installed on the Poo and the AC 660 and there pricing is right in line with the non-turbo competition.
Mass production = huge savings, not to mention there are aftermarket co. that have done alot of R&D already....not that Yammie would copy someone elses design or anything.

i dont think it would be their fastest sled. smaller motor built with turbo can produce as much as some of their current lineup. theirs your big weight savings. think about that.

FLYBYU said:
i dont think it would be their fastest sled. smaller motor built with turbo can produce as much as some of their current lineup. theirs your big weight savings. think about that.

They could perhaps same some weight but i doubt that it would be that much.

I see only two reasons for using a factory turbo/supercharger and the first is to save money by being able to use the same base-engine and just adjust the output by supercharging it or not. A good example would perhaps be Sea Doo, they have the same engine (1500cc 4 stroke) available in 130,155, 215, 255 hp versions. 215, 255 supercharged. I guess Polaris is doing something similar in snowmobiles on a smaller scale, but starting of with a rather crappy engine.

But what about a small 700-800cc triple, 100-130+hp naturally aspirated versions, 150-180 turbo or supercharged ? That's one engine for pretty much a complete lineup. Don't really see a reason for Yamaha to go that way since they can reuse knowledge & parts from other areas, bikes and so forth. But it might be a good idea for the other manufacturers.

One has to think Yamaha is working on some very trick stuff. Also remember that 2010 is only 1 model season away and the other 3 manufacturers NEED to develop there 4 stroke programs. There is really no was around it seeing the EPA requirements are migh tighter for the 2010 season. Sure Doo will attempt some sort of DI technology like Evenrude uses in its 2 stroke outboards but my guess is Doo is coming with a 4 stroke with very very good power. One would also think Cat has got to have something in the hopper considering there relationship with Suzuki.

Until Yamaha sees higher HP 4 strokes from their competetion, I wouldnt expect to see a Turbo or Supercharged model. Its nice to know, that somewhere out there, Yamaha has plans to react to whatever the competetion throws at it. Yamaha made it clear in 03 that they will be the 4 stroke authority on snow.

Exciting times indeed.

My understanding is that they,(yamaha), were pretty interested in what the cpr turbo had to offer a few years back.

1. skidoo has already passed 2010 emissions
2. suzuki and honda will not be making 2 strokes after 2009
3. will we see the yamaha turbos? soon
they've been r&d with turbos last 2 years. I saw the crates in from japan headed to minoqua wi.

FLYBYU said:
1. skidoo has already passed 2010 emissions
2. suzuki and honda will not be making 2 strokes after 2009
3. will we see the yamaha turbos? soon
they've been r&d with turbos last 2 years. I saw the crates in from japan headed to minoqua wi.

According to Snowtech Jan/Feb 2008, Ski Doo does not meet 2010 EPA regs. It says "We always like to look at engine technology. With 2010 EPA only one year away, will Ski-Doo be able to meet the regs with tighter controls of their SDI technology, or will we see the introduction of an ETEC based direct injection engine?"

So to my knowledge Ski-Doo is not 2010 EPA compliant.

Looking at the dates right now for the release of 09 and something does not add up. Usually a new sled would be released in February to get everyone pumped to order up a new sled and get them into what the next best thing is..... I'm thinking now, they might hold out a year.... If you look at the competition.... The Apex holds it own. The XP, well it's a running virus/plague (piece of junk IMO, bad ski-doo) and an F800 is not in the same league and the regular F1000 runs almost the same, unless you mod it... The 08 sno-pro F1000 will outrun the Apex, but only because the sno-pro has the 1.325 cobra track on it. Put a Cobra on the Apex and the results will vary. Unless the F1000 is well setup, the Apex holds it's own.... Polaris, only has a 700... So, Why would Yamaha come out with a bigger gun this year, with declining sales, terriable snow conditions with all the warm weather and higher inventory, especially in Canada. I just can't see them doing it now.... They may have a new sled ready, but who knows if they will release it.... I think you will see a smaller scale sled (kids 4 stroke), 136" Nytro, but that maybe it for now.... I won't be surprised if they don't have anything big.. We will see....

i think bombadier owns the rights to omc fice direct injection. Cat had it on their last year of the tigershark 1000 waverunner

Attachments

• TYRates.doc
    169.5 KB · Views: 62

Back