• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

First Peek at the 2009's

Thoughts while shaving; According to other posts/websites etc, a good running induction boosted snowmobile engine can outrun it's own trail- track system as we know it. How would a manufacturer like Yamaha handle the top speed issue? Different tracks, limit on boost, block of wood under the throttle lol? IMO, this and other liability issues would have to be hammered out in the legal bullpen at, say Yamaha, before a manufacturer could hit the snow with a "supersled".
Thoughts? :flag: Edit, other than a pure race sled. RR

How about an inexpensive YZF250 motocross motor stuffed into a basic phazer chassis with little or no frills for an inexpensive entry level sled that the younger riders could ride before they jump on their parents bigger sleds?

i think we will see a 136" nytro fx and thats gona be the only change to yamahas line up :o| would be nice to see a 160 hp ish sled in lets say nyrto fx chassis though :Rockon:

sg35: When the phazer was shown to the public I heard that Yamana said 07-09 was a big deal for yamaha. Something like that in 09 there will be a revolution or something like that. I dont know what is coming but I hope it will be great. What I mean is that i doubt that a 136" Nytro is the only new sled next year...

People have been saying 09 since the Apex came out.
With the other 3 possibly making only minor changes this would be the best time to make a major release because they will grab more die-hard ppl from the other 3. How many people said they would of bought a FX Nytro if the XP wasnt released over on doo-talk??

rupprider said:
Thoughts while shaving; According to other posts/websites etc, a good running induction boosted snowmobile engine can outrun it's own trail- track system as we know it. How would a manufacturer like Yamaha handle the top speed issue? Different tracks, limit on boost, block of wood under the throttle lol? IMO, this and other liability issues would have to be hammered out in the legal bullpen at, say Yamaha, before a manufacturer could hit the snow with a "supersled".
Thoughts? :flag: Edit, other than a pure race sled. RR

Doesn't need to be ridiculous amounts of power. Just power at a level that has been on the market for years. Hell, the Thundercats were 172. Something around 160 - 165 would be sweet as we all know that the torque of a 4 stroke makes up for a few ponies.

I don't think the Apex is going to be changed but I could see them creating another model by putting the Apex motor into the FX Nytro.

I have heard something new for 2009 and 2010. 2 different sources. Neither would hint at what it is. My guess is the current Apex is gone next year. A new muscle sled has to be coming out in March.

120 hp Apex (Vector)
140 hp Apex (? Nytro motor in Delta Box)
160 hp Apex ( tweeked existing motor)

Small weight loss with the same skis!!

i'm sure what ever they come out with it will be great! Yamaha sleds get better & better with each new model year! :yam: a fully clipped track & redesigned ski would be a bonus!?

Back