• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

first ride rtxse

red800rev

Ok here is my take on my first ride in woodford vermont today ,I am coming of of a 08 800xpx ,I love the way the nytro soaks up the bumps, the faster you go the better it handles,sitting I think the xp was more comfortable,Standing I have to say that this is the best stand up riding sled I have ever ridden, power is outstanding this thing will run bar to bar with a 800xp up to 85 any day ,in spots were the xp would start to bounce side to side in the studders the nytro feels planted,I have only one complaint,the hand warmers are terrible,but that put aside I love this thin g got about 90 miles in before my buddy hit a washout on 7 s and ate his handle bars ,one broken rib later we headed back to chubs an went home

I too rode my RTX se this weekend in VT. I love my sleds motor and how it takes the bumps. MY sled is basically unsafe as far as how it corners. Wicked inside SKi lift and it feels twitchy. Neithet my Hand or thumb warmers work, but its a Yamaha so I expected that. I cant wait to get this thing to handle.

stinx said:
I too rode my RTX se this weekend in VT. I love my sleds motor and how it takes the bumps. MY sled is basically unsafe as far as how it corners. Wicked inside SKi lift and it feels twitchy. Neithet my Hand or thumb warmers work, but its a Yamaha so I expected that. I cant wait to get this thing to handle.

lower the psi in you front shocks to 50psi

spent weekend in canada on new se, lowered front shocks to 50 psi turned block to high added 9" carbides, 96 studs down the middle still wont corner like my 08 xpx 800, going to try one hole on front limiter next, still hoping for more power only have 250 miles on it so sounds like that should get better and have excell full exhaust just need to make the time to get it on, any agressive trail riders have a great set up for there se yet, ride woodford weekly 70-100mph night time only to be safe. need to get this se in the front of all the doos i ride with, got enough crap for the switch want to prove them all wrong

280chopper said:
spent weekend in canada on new se, lowered front shocks to 50 psi turned block to high added 9" carbides, 96 studs down the middle still wont corner like my 08 xpx 800, going to try one hole on front limiter next, still hoping for more power only have 250 miles on it so sounds like that should get better and have excell full exhaust just need to make the time to get it on, any agressive trail riders have a great set up for there se yet, ride woodford weekly 70-100mph night time only to be safe. need to get this se in the front of all the doos i ride with, got enough crap for the switch want to prove them all wrong
Tighten the Straps and change the skis,Should take care of your problem. Hoping for more power? She doesn't pull hard out of the whole?

guys, I have an 08 RTX and was wondering what position the straps should be...this was used and not sure where it started.

Also, is 50lbs what most recommend for aggressive trail/ditch riding?
Any studding pattern that is recommended?

Thanks!

think the motor is still realy tight seams to be getting better, got access to slydogs and 5.7 piolts which do you think would be better

i will try them both and let u know, and with any luck maybe i can get the pipe on it this week and see if that makes much differance, like you will realy be able to feel the diffearance but i am sure it will feel faster cause it sounds better, hope i can still hear the ipod lol

I have my sled piped (Super Q) Everyone loves the way it sounds! People who hear it and don't see it thinks its a street bike!

got the excell full system hopefuly not to loud was riding in canada this weekend and a guy in my group had a piped 1000 doo cops gave him bunch of crap threatend to impound the sled wouldnt have been that bad it blowup 30 miles later anyway lol

280chopper said:
got the excell full system hopefuly not to loud was riding in canada this weekend and a guy in my group had a piped 1000 doo cops gave him bunch of carp threatend to impound the sled wouldnt have been that bad it blowup 30 miles later anyway lol
Thats funny!

:jump:

Got my new SE out in Rangeley Manine this past weekend, 175 miles. Coming of a REV X 600 sdi and compared to that, this thing got some serious power, NO COMPARISON at all. In all, I think it is a great sled, but the handwarmers suck and the suspension needs to be tweaked, no way does it handle "out of the box" with a REV or REV XP, but I just read about a thousand posts and I am certain that making some adjustements will make a HUGE difference. I know my front shocks were at 100lbs, everything I read is pionting to 60lbs or less, so right off I know the set up was bad.

D-

Well that all depends on your dealer, my renegade was a piece of crap when I pickedit up and it half the winter between trips into the dealer to fix the defects to get it rideable. It was the most dangerous piece of crap I have ever been on and after 5 years I am jumping for joy that I don't have to ride it again..

Back