• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch fuel Catalyst , I'm a believer

DGZRT

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2008 Vector shorty, 17 Shitdoo 1200X, 2000- pullmyass-340 for Grandkids
This last weekend in between working on my other sleds I got the itch and fired up the Vector and to my belief it cranked for about 6 or 7 seconds and then fired right off. Last spring I thought I would give this Snake oil a go. So I dropped two of the Fitch Fuel Catalyst in my fuel tank and left about a gallon of premium fuel in the tank. I have never had this good of luck starting the sled after it had been sitting that long. There might be something to there claim..

Anyone else had good luck with this product ?

Thanks DGZRT

I have used them for years in sleds, bike, lawn tractor, snow blower, boat, with no gas treatment and everything starts up great. Well worth the $$ ;)!

This has me thinking I should put them in all my sleds.
Does anyone have a good place to buy them from? Or a place that gives quantity discounts. LOL

I have been using them for the last 3 yrs. Gas always smells fresh. Not sure about their power gains or MPG gains, all I cared about was keeping the gas fresh. No problems for me. XR 400 dirt bike fired up after a few kicks and the gas is over a year old.

I've been using them since 04, dead of winter, middle of summer, sled fires right up. No sea foam or fuel stabilizer, I may be just fortunate, but I believe it's the Fitchs in the tank.

:sled1:

I have a Fitch in my RX1M since 05. No issues yet with dirty carbs. Haven't ever touched them or taken them apart. I do use Sea Foam, but forgot to stabilize any gas this spring. I will know more when I try to fire up the sleds soon.

I am going to pull mine out tomorrow,been in for 7yrs now...i am sure they did there job with all the poor fuel we get now..plus they have to be banging around in the tank all over ,against the sending unit >not good.i started using the Yamaha Engine Fuel Med Rx last year.i have had no issues with Fitch Catalysts ,i think they did there job i hope..i will see what they look like when i pull them out after almost 9000mi

Have fitch in my 06 Vector. After sitting 5 months without starting, still a hard start, same as before the fitch. I need quick start to get things going to pump fuel to the carbs which most likely have dried out. If I start my sled once a month and let run for five minutes, I have no issues. All fuel will evaporate given the heat over summer and the amount of time you led your sled sit. My sled still has carbs, I'm sure fuel injection would make a huge difference alone. My ATV with fitch starts right up in the spring after winter, but it has fuel injection. However, still obviously use the fitch product. Makes me think I'm doing the best that I can for my fuel, especially in the winter getting fuel from remote gas stations and fuel tanks. Not very scientific, I know.

Neighbors Rage does the same thing if it sits to long. Nothing to do with the Fitch. Has to do with the gas evaporating out of the float bowls. seems more common on Yamahas then any other brand of sled I have owned. Run that vector or Rage out of fuel and you will have to prime the float bowls with fuel. Cranking the sled over will not fill them up if the pump is empty. Neighbor found this out the hard way. He thought his fuel pumps were shot. I said no way 2 mechanical fuel pumps fail at the same time. Filled up the carbs and away it fired.

By the way just fired up the Nytro's after sitting for 9 months with Fitch in the tanks and they started right away.

Back