• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitting a 121" ZX2 into a SR Viper

mdkuni

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Thinking about making the move to a Viper but not sure that I am willing to part with my ZX2.

Anyone see a downside to making the Viper a 121" to fit a ZX2 into it?

Just follow the universal mounting instructions and you can probably make it fit just fine. Anything unusual about the Viper Tunnel that your thinking of?

If I crashed mine this is what I would do turbo viper with ZX2!

kinger said:
Just follow the universal mounting instructions and you can probably make it fit just fine. Anything unusual about the Viper Tunnel that your thinking of?

If I crashed mine this is what I would do turbo viper with ZX2!

Just in the initial stages of thought on this. Haven't took a look at the inside of the tunnel yet. Wondering if I will need different spacers to make it fit and I am concerned about ride height.

I know nothing about AC suspension but I hear that they are good. Have you ridden a viper yet to compare the ride to the ZX2 or is it more of the easy maintinence and durability of the ZX2 you are wanting.
I will be riding the AC version of the viper with in a couple weeks as my brother is a AC fan and is bringing his new XF 7000 cross country up when he comes. It will be interesting to see if it's skid compares to the ZX2. I will let you know of my findings once I have put it to the test.
BTW how many miles do you have on your ZX2.

stomper said:
I know nothing about AC suspension but I hear that they are good. Have you ridden a viper yet to compare the ride to the ZX2 or is it more of the easy maintinence and durability of the ZX2 you are wanting.
I will be riding the AC version of the viper with in a couple weeks as my brother is a AC fan and is bringing his new XF 7000 cross country up when he comes. It will be interesting to see if it's skid compares to the ZX2. I will let you know of my findings once I have put it to the test.
BTW how many miles do you have on your ZX2.

Durability and comfort of the ZX2 are the reasons I use it. Durability being the biggest factor. I have somewhere around 35,000 miles on my ZX2. Only recently I have started to experience some failures with the shocks but am working through that. Otherwise in 35,000 miles the repairs have been minimal. ZERO broken arms and or rails, 5k + on a set of hyfax, no grease, and yearly maintenance consists of four bushings and a set of wheels.

Back