• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fix Clutch Kit on a Nytro

SpecRTX

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Thundercat
Hey Guys,

Anybody try the Fix clutch kit? They use the stock gearing and stock helix. However, there's a roller change, shims, weights, springs, etc. Apparently they went 107mph in 600 feet. The only thing that concerns me is that they run the RPMs at 9500+. I don't know how this would be on the trial or how it would effect the longevity of the engine. If anyone has any real world experience with this set up, please share.

Thanks!

I'm sure it's not the same as the APEX kit. The Fix kit also comes with waterproof fabric to cover the side panel vents.

I am running the fix clutch kit and like it. When it was first installed it had a high engagement till the spring broke in. Now it engages around 4000rpm. I have the intake and header from Ulmer racing and the sled is a rocket to 80 mph. I am 320 lbs and i can out run my Buddy's rev 800 and f800.

I did also put a 144" track under it so she hooks and goes!

Now, I did hit the rev limiter everyday. it is at 9,400rpm. I do NOT worry about it.Tthese motors are de-tuned motorcycle engines, years ago i used to road race and our bike for hours turned between 10,000 to 15,000 RPM. Never had a problem watch the oil and temp your good.

Top end I am seeing about 103 on GPS, however remember, longer track, stud and a 320 lbs rider. I like the set up.

The price was a bit stiff, maybe talking with Turk you might do something different, it is up to you.

yooper1 said:
I am running the fix clutch kit and like it. When it was first installed it had a high engagement till the spring broke in. Now it engages around 4000rpm. I have the intake and header from Ulmer racing and the sled is a rocket to 80 mph. I am 320 lbs and i can out run my Buddy's rev 800 and f800.

I did also put a 144" track under it so she hooks and goes!

Now, I did hit the rev limiter everyday. it is at 9,400rpm. I do NOT worry about it.Tthese motors are de-tuned motorcycle engines, years ago i used to road race and our bike for hours turned between 10,000 to 15,000 RPM. Never had a problem watch the oil and temp your good.

Top end I am seeing about 103 on GPS, however remember, longer track, stud and a 320 lbs rider. I like the set up.

The price was a bit stiff, maybe talking with Turk you might do something different, it is up to you.
Are you talking about the Nytro, if so its not a detuned bike motor, rather a purpose built sled motor. Its not good to be on the rev limiter alot.Springs don't break in ,they do were out .

Back