• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Update Coming Fall-2016

After what happen to Harley I believe the manufactures will be cautious. Yamaha is probably going through the EPA certification process before releasing it in the US.
Makes sense. So everyone getting it in US is unauthorized. Illegal actually if ridden in public. So once again Cat has it together and Yamaha doesn't. Pathetic!

My guess is cat has done their own work on the flash and Yamaha is doing their own. That is the reason for different release dates. When I talked to Yamaha they said they wanted to make sure that this flash solves the problems.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Makes sense. So everyone getting it in US is unauthorized. Illegal actually if ridden in public. So once again Cat has it together and Yamaha doesn't. Pathetic!
If it were an EPA approval thing, why wouldn't both Cat and Yamaha get the approval at the same time? Seems odd ..... Of course, maybe they do and Cat is just better at getting this out to their customers. Hmmmmm.........

If it were an EPA approval thing, why wouldn't both Cat and Yamaha get the approval at the same time? Seems odd ..... Of course, maybe they do and Cat is just better at getting this out to their customers. Hmmmmm.........

They are still two different companies selling their own branded product...... and one brand is foreign.

They are still two different companies selling their own branded product...... and one brand is foreign.
Yes Cat and Yamaha have always had different EPA numbers. Cat must just be better organized and got approval faster or Yamaha is in fact purposely doing this to see how it goes. A rolling release. Testing. On YOU!

Cannondale do you know what version of the program would be the updated one? Our dealer has it in but how do we know if its the old 15 one or the new 16 one?

Cannondale do you know what version of the program would be the updated one? Our dealer has it in but how do we know if its the old 15 one or the new 16 one?
Your dealer should know that the program will only accept a new flash. If it is the 15 flash it will just not accept it. Remember those that had issues with 15 flash could NOT get it done again because it was already in there. Dont forget dealer must first update the tool. If flash works and installs it is without a doubt the NEW flash.

Well boys here's the video I promised of before and after the reflash I don't notice much change but I do think it idles better could be all in my head tho, also both of these are started at around -4 Celsius what do you guys think only time will tell lol

Definitly did not hurt anything! Idle might be touch smoother. Can you make another vid where you start it cold WITHOUT letting pump cycle. Just get on and crank the key.

Definitly did not hurt anything! Idle might be touch smoother. Can you make another vid where you start it cold WITHOUT letting pump cycle. Just get on and crank the key.
Yeah I can do that in the next couple days, I just always let my pump cycle haha

Has any of you guys balance the throttle bodies. Because they aren't balanced from the factory.
Never did but you say its worth checking huh? Been awhile but I do have a guage set for the bikes. Does the IACV have a effect on this? Its only on one Throttlebody I believe?

Took my Viper in for service and told them not to Flash because of the Evo stage 4 flash i have. They told me the new flash is for starter kickback only and if I never had the problem to start with it's not worth doing.

Well boys here's the video I promised of before and after the reflash I don't notice much change but I do think it idles better could be all in my head tho, also both of these are started at around -4 Celsius what do you guys think only time will tell lol

Thanks for posting the video! My 15th century laptop doesn't seem to agree with my go pro. Good thing were getting a new laptop for Christmas LOL.

I too believe mine idles smoother. Not perfect, but smoother than before.

Got the ZR done the other day, starts right up no double start. If the idle is any different it must be slight as Im not really noticing it.

Back