• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flash Update Coming Fall-2016

Thanks for posting the video! My 15th century laptop doesn't seem to agree with my go pro. Good thing were getting a new laptop for Christmas LOL.

I too believe mine idles smoother. Not perfect, but smoother than before.
Lol no problem that's why I did the video off my phone

That happened to many in Sweden as well...

My 2014 and 2015 have had the new flash update. Both now start the same, usually it fires but doesn't continue the start even if I continue to hold the key. They both start on the second try. My 2014 now on its third starter does seem to fire better and doesn't have the harsh kickback. My 2015 which started on the first try prior to the flash 9/10 times now starts on the second typically. The real test is colder weather, so the jury is still out on how successful this fix is.

So are dealers in the US starting to get the new flash? I am planning on calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they can do it. Has anybody in Maine had it done yet?

So are dealers in the US starting to get the new flash? I am planning on calling my dealer tomorrow to see if they can do it. Has anybody in Maine had it done yet?

The flash has been available since 11/13 and my 2014 and 2015 were updated that day. Pete one of the service heads notified my dealer Rock River Yamaha in Johnson Creek, WI because I spoke with him at the Milwaukee Snowmobile show regarding my 2014 starting lemon. Many are reporting that there dealer has no clue. The dealer needs to access it through the YDS system. If a dealer is clueless tell them to access it through YDS system. My opinion of the update is the starting is consistent over both sleds and I haven't had a harsh kickback on my 2014. They both seem to idle better and the same. However, I will confirm as others have mentioned that the sleds typically need now to be turned over twice on a cold start. When the key is turned they tend to fire, but they don't stay started and you need to turn the key again. I need more cold to really test the update. Here is a video of my 2015 after the flash showing it needs two turnovers to start. Holding the key longer won't work.

The flash has been available since 11/13 and my 2014 and 2015 were updated that day. Pete one of the service heads notified my dealer Rock River Yamaha in Johnson Creek, WI because I spoke with him at the Milwaukee Snowmobile show regarding my 2014 starting lemon. Many are reporting that there dealer has no clue. The dealer needs to access it through the YDS system. If a dealer is clueless tell them to access it through YDS system. My opinion of the update is the starting is consistent over both sleds and I haven't had a harsh kickback on my 2014. They both seem to idle better and the same. However, I will confirm as others have mentioned that the sleds typically need now to be turned over twice on a cold start. When the key is turned they tend to fire, but they don't stay started and you need to turn the key again. I need more cold to really test the update. Here is a video of my 2015 after the flash showing it needs two turnovers to start. Holding the key longer won't work.

Ok awesome! The only reason I asked is because of the people saying their dealers had no clue yet. I will be sure to ask them to look the YDS system. Hopefully they can do it when I get back from college this coming Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Try just turning the key. No prime. Like a car.

Funny thing with my sled since the new flash is it takes two attempts to start the sled a lot of times.Maybe its nothing but It didn't do this before but I didn't own the sled for long either.

I can confirm this after the flash on both my 2014 and 2015. They now take two attempts to start, but they are starting both consistent to each other and no harsh kickbacks on my 2014 so far.

Just curious because I just had the flash done as well. Takes two times to start. First time it cranks and fires up but kills instantly whether I let the fuel pump cycle or not. Second time it fires right up. Idle hunt is 30-40 rpm. Garage is insulated and is 51F.

The thing I am curious about is after my flash the digital readout of the intake temperature and the coolant temperature is no longer there!!??? It only has the bar graph and no digital readout??

Mine started and idled fine previously but only has 535 miles on it. I decided to have the flash done because I bought it left over and have no warranty anymore. My thinking is with this being stated as a "fix" for the starter kick back and if I were not to do it and lose a stater they could deny fixing it under warranty??? I believe the starter issue is a warranty issue even if the sled warranty has run out???

Oh well hopefully all is well if if I have issues this winter I will buy a PCV and put it on. The one on my Harley works great so I'm sure it will be fine on here as well.

Over the summer I have installed the Ulmer quiet can and Ulmer airbox mod as well as a Bikeman clutch kit but it should run fine with no PCV based on this forum and from what Allen Ulmer has stated in emails.

I had my 2014 and 2015 flash updated on the 13th. My start tests since then are consistent, they both now 14/15 times cold require two attempts to start. Holding the key longer doesn't work. They pop and fire then die on the the first crank. The positive so far is my horrible starting 2014 on its 3rd starter hasn't had a harsh kickback, but the jury is still out on the cold starts until we get much colder weather.

I had my 2014 and 2015 flash updated on the 13th. My start tests since then are consistent, they both now 14/15 times cold require two attempts to start. Holding the key longer doesn't work. They pop and fire then die on the the first crank. The positive so far is my horrible starting 2014 on its 3rd starter hasn't had a harsh kickback, but the jury is still out on the cold starts until we get much colder weather.
Have you also tried the No Prime just turn the key method?

Ok awesome! The only reason I asked is because of the people saying their dealers had no clue yet. I will be sure to ask them to look the YDS system. Hopefully they can do it when I get back from college this coming Friday.

Bob the service manager at Rock River is well aware of it and did mine. He said any dealer can access it through YDS, but some may be waiting for a formal email or notice. I had a long talk with Pete at the snow show about my horrible 2014 and he followed through calling my dealer the minute it was released on YDS.

Never gave it much thought but my 17 when putting HID's and LED handguards on it did take two starts. First would fire, second would start. Always smooth. I will check again next weekend just for sake of checking. Maybe I'll even get some snow to get out on.

Is the two takes to start that everyone is experiencing just first start when it is cold or is it every time, even when warm? If it's just the first time out and then it fires right up when warm I could live with that. I already had one starter let go on my 14 and if this fixes that it's worth it.

Back