• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Flipped Nytro oil leak

jamieren

Pro
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2012 Nytro XTX
2010 Nytro MTX
Hey guys,

Let's say I hypothetically took a friend out sledding and he hypothetically dumped my Nytro xtx on it's side... repeatedly. Oil of course spilled out due to the lack of a rollover valve. I've pulled the covers off and cleaned the godawful mess out of the engine area, but is there any further problems this would create? The sled did drive back to the truck 20kms without event, but is there anything further I should be concerned about?

Hey guys,

Let's say I hypothetically took a friend out sledding and he hypothetically dumped my Nytro xtx on it's side... repeatedly. Oil of course spilled out due to the lack of a rollover valve. I've pulled the covers off and cleaned the godawful mess out of the engine area, but is there any further problems this would create? The sled did drive back to the truck 20kms without event, but is there anything further I should be concerned about?
Hypothetically, did you have anything to shoot your friend with?!

No. I can tell by the list at the bottom of your post you value your sled lol.. I signed up for it by taking a greenhorn out I guess.

Any other advice?:rolleyes:

No. I can tell by the list at the bottom of your post you value your sled lol.. I signed up for it by taking a greenhorn out I guess.

Any other advice?:rolleyes:
As noted, remove airbox cover and see what you have for oil in it, clean out with paper towels. Check oil level w dip stick and make sure you don't have an air bubble between oil tank and engine... There are a few flipped Nytro threads here worth reading, some old. Your situation justifies the oil back-flow valve I still have on my list. I'd do love yamaha triples, these sled's are unique, good luck.

Back