• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front end went from perfect to bad

bulldogbones

Expert
Back in winter of 10-11 I took my wife out on her 08 Nytro and took an entire day to dial front and rear in. By the time we were done she was running with the boys up front. Fast forward to this year, we went out and the front end feels like its got 100' of carbide, the track even feels like its pushing a plow. Nothing as been changed or adjusted. I thought maybe the steering blocks got dry and were sticky. So I lubed them up as well as tefflon spray on all the ball joints and any steering part. On concrete you can steer with one finger. But that didnt really make a difference.

Also you will be going along and it will DART ( not dart like all sleds do a little ) but it will just take off. So tonight we went out for dinner and i took it, i didnt feel safe going over 40-45mph as she blew my doors in while riding my apex going 55mph :-o .

Studded 1 1/4" ripsaw with duallies up front.

Sounds like a ton of ski pressure. How is your front skid shock. Is it blown. That's what mine was like with the fox floats until I put 30 pounds more air then what the owners manual recommended.

Factor in snow conditions as everything is magnified on a nytro. 2 weeks ago i was riding on hard packed freshly groomed trails and in the woods i was about ready to just let go and send that baby launching off into a huge tree where i dreamed it would blow up in a ball of flames. Hard to turn, high siding, no rotation in the rear. I was miserable. Last week on the same trails which were freshly groomed , very tight but a little soft on top and it was probably the best ride i had on my beloved nytro. Did nothing to the sled but it was completely different.

did you lift sled and check front end bushings and ball joints?

snow conditions x2 (will affect things a lot also)

Blue Hornet said:
Factor in snow conditions as everything is magnified on a nytro. 2 weeks ago i was riding on hard packed freshly groomed trails and in the woods i was about ready to just let go and send that baby launching off into a huge tree where i dreamed it would blow up in a ball of flames. Hard to turn, high siding, no rotation in the rear. I was miserable. Last week on the same trails which were freshly groomed , very tight but a little soft on top and it was probably the best ride i had on my beloved nytro. Did nothing to the sled but it was completely different.

That's weird but know that exact feeling, my Phazer was always disliking it.
Agree snow conditions could be a factor.

150 miles yesterday on ROCK hard flatness, but have tuner skis with all 4" carbides. It railed corners with both skis on the ground and little lean effort.
DSCF1207_zpse03f6095.jpg

If the front springs were to soft would that be a contributing factor? When I picked her sled up with a strap the springs were not compressed there was about 1/8" of space between the spring and plate. I read somehwere pick the front up drop it and the A arms should be just above horizontal. True or not?

Hey guys im going to keep a running log today as I adjust and inspect.

Shocks are off the sled and I popped the springs off to check if one was blown. There not, I set them both at full stiff ( dampen and rebound) and they took the same force and time to compress as then did to expand.

I am going to set each ski at toe out from the center of the sled both at .25" making the overall toe out between both .5. Or is it .5" for each ski with an overall 1" toe out? But where do I measure from.... front and rear tip? or??

With the front end in the air its like butter, absolutely no binding or effort needed to turn. Ball joints are good there is very very minimal movement about as much as a new sled.

Back