• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Front shock rubbing track?

mrosenow

Extreme
Website
www.harrisonstreetmotors.com
I am doing my end of season inspection...very disappointing. I can't believe how big of pile of poo this thing has turned into at only 5,000 miles. The biggest problem is the center shock is rubbing the track on the bottom. I am about ready for a new pair of hyfax and that should fix the problem, but now the track is junk as there is a big hole in it. Not to mention the shock is worn down a bunch. Anyone else have this issue?

Some other problems:
The outer wheel mounts, the one that holds the spring is wearing into the rail significantly.

Bulkhead is bent again after less than 1000 miles and I haven't had it off the trail once since it was replaced. I have actually only driven it 4 times.

Brand new lower ball joints have significant wear already in less than 1000 miles.

So tell me why I would buy a 2012 Nytro for $3,000 more than I paid for my 2009? Did they fix any of the common problems?

You can fix the shock problem with bigger wheels and in ture it will fix hyfax wear . Yamaha should fix the shock and track for you , take it to the dealer and let them look at it and call yamaha . Before you think your subframe is bent look at your upper a-arm first that maybe bent just ridding down trail that frame wouldn't bend and they should fix the balljoints to but there is after market ones out there do a search on here

I have bigger wheels AND they have been on for 4,000 miles. This problem started in the last 1,000 miles and I am expecting it is because of the hyfax wearing down. My slide wear went down to 1/3 of what it was before with the new wheels.

And my bulkhead is bent, The upper control arms are as well, but the dealer claimed they were not and would not cover them. They claimed I hit something if they were, which I have not. I know what a bent subframe looks like, the center sheetmetal between the lower control arms tweaks and mine is tweaked. Also the lower control arms are not seated right, the bushings are wearing funny. I just put new bushings in last month so I know how it fit before, it is bent. And I have not been off the trail once since the new parts were installed.

Back