• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel injection surge tank?

I've been running a surge tank in my Apex for 5 years, I never have trouble with loss of fuel to the pump, unless I am so low the surge tank is empty. My stock pump feeds the surge tank and the HP pump fuels from the surge.

longsled said:
it's not exactly my setup, I just found it on the web.

, I tried 2 of them last week end and it's not working at all. it still sucking air and not close properly under big accel. engine shut off when WOT. do you think is air coming because it not closing or just because I have restriction like you said?
MP_through.jpg

longsled,
At the hp level I think your at, you need to pull off at least two in the back of the tank under acceleration. They have to be single outlet (not flo thru like in this picture) with T's to divide fuel line. When you pull through one of these it shuts when the fuel goes to the back of the tank and pulls a vacuum on the remaining one in the back causing it to close even though it has fuel. If they shut, the motor dies. If you are sucking some air it usually goes lean but I have never seen these suck air.

humm, I still having problem only when fuel is low and only at 12-14 psi.

I resolved the problem by adding a surge tank and a auxiliary fuel pump, I'm a bit tired to removed that fukkking fuel tank to do testing.

I will let the fuel pump for a while.........

thanks for your help.

What fuel pump are you using this year?

The ... GSS396 on my turbo apex did some 'freegames' on the dyno about 3 weeks ago.

mulot30th said:
What fuel pump are you using this year?

The ... GSS396 on my turbo apex did some 'freegames' on the dyno about 3 weeks ago.

I have 2 walbro's and 1 airteck. have 2 fuel pump back to back to push 100 psi and one for the surge tank.

walbro's still crap, broke 2 of them last year. airteck look to be very good, small and powerfull.

this is on the spare sled. the big one have different setup with standalone.

Back