• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

fuel pump question

ScottyD

Expert
Hamilton Ontario/sled from Sand Lake/Kearney
has anyone had this problem before, fuel pump wont cycle, sled won't start, but the relay is fine, you can hear it click and feel it click with your hand on it
this is the second time this has happened, happened when the sled was new and has done it again at 4000 miles
both times the sled ran, was shut off and sat for about an hour, then wouldn't start, then all of a sudden it will fire up

i believe yamaha has had issues with relays over the years. just because the relay pulls in (you feel it click) doesn't mean the contacts are making connection. if you have access to a test light or voltmeter when it does it check the output to the fuel pump. if you get stranded i'd give the relay a thumping and see if it starts then.

Change the fuel pump!!! My chum had same problem after 140 mile trip, shut sled the sled off before loading on trailor and no start .Switched relays and that didn't help.Pulled the pump next day and jump started it off a battery .Got it to pump but it didn't have enough pressure so bought and installed a used unit and works like new again!!! ;)!

Back