• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gap closed loop tuning!!

The FPR is the cheapest easiest instal you can do to tweak your AFRS to exactly what you desire... Temperature changes throughout the day have almost zero effect on AFR....

My o2 module kit showed up today.
Thanks Hurricane Performance!
Now I need to start getting my sled ready and download the software.

Does the Gap flasher need to be attached to the sled for the closed loop tuning to be active?
I usually run with my flasher off the sled unless I am using launch control or data logging.

The Hurricane gap closed look system is essentially a preset auto tune. We build the tunes to be safe and powerful on the cold air days. Thus the warm days make less power because there’s less oxygen to burn through the chemical reaction that occurs during combustion.
The 998 has an baro meter to adjust for altitude as well as an air temp sensor but the warm days will be higher in humidity. This humidity can displace some of the usable oxygen. The sled has no way of measuring this. This is why ,like all road vehicles, we need an o2 sensor to be able to measure the remaining oxygen in the exhaust after the burn. By this oxygen measurement we can tell the ratio of the air/fuel mixture that was in the cylinder. We have now added the algorithm to the ecu to be able to correct the next burn based on the result of the last stroke.
The Hurricane gap closed loop system is intended to insure that the tune runes as it was intended on all days. Not just the cold days. The afr values are preset by Hurricane to insure this.
The Hurricane gap closed loop system is not intended to correct for a mechanical defect or swapping parts such as header without the proper flash. The Hurricane gap closed loop system works incredibly well insuring that the engine runs at the correct afr on the cold days as well as the warm days as your flash was originally intended to perform by Hurricane performance

So this only works on warm days and does not increase power. How warm are you talking here? I have a A/F gauge and dont really notice much difference on a 0 degree C day. Thats alot of $$ for no power increase. Now if this was individual cylinder auto tuning I might get excited but im sure that is coming next??

So this only works on warm days and does not increase power. How warm are you talking here? I have a A/F gauge and dont really notice much difference on a 0 degree C day. Thats alot of $$ for no power increase. Now if this was individual cylinder auto tuning I might get excited but im sure that is coming next??

I’m telling you it’s more for fuel differences than warmer/colder days. Don’t really care if Dave agrees or not, the fact is non ethanol, 10% ethanol and specific gravity differences in fuels will cause bigger afr changes than humidity, that’s a fact.
Anytime your tune is off, considering it’s a good tune, you will be sacrificing some power if rich or close to detonation threshold due to being lean.

Actually I’m not disagreeing with you. That’s the beauty of closed loop tuning with an o2 sensor. Fuel can cause a difference in the tune. It’s not been my experience that the difference is as pronounced as humidity change but regardless, change is change and the only way to correct it completely and automatically is through closed loop system.

Actually I’m not disagreeing with you. That’s the beauty of closed loop tuning with an o2 sensor. Fuel can cause a difference in the tune. It’s not been my experience that the difference is as pronounced as humidity change but regardless, change is change and the only way to correct it completely and automatically is through closed loop system.

When will you start sending out the downloads?

I pulled the trigger and bought the closed loop from Turbo Dynamics, got my ecu reflashed but still waiting for the rest to come in. control boxes are back ordered. I hope they get them soon...

I pulled the trigger and bought the closed loop from Turbo Dynamics, got my ecu reflashed but still waiting for the rest to come in. control boxes are back ordered. I hope they get them soon...
Hope you get it!

The hurricane closed loop will not add hp as claimed by other’s because the tunes are correctly tuned for fuel economy and hp to start with. The advantage of the Hurricane gap closed loop system it that the correct tune is maintained everyday to run as intended

Thank you Dave!

Thunder Products Clutching has a SW with all Hurricane goodies now, including the closed loop ;)!

Back