• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

General Nytro problems

Nytro-glycerin

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro XTX Black edition
New owner of a 2010 nytro XTX, and ive been reading through the FAQ section as directed by some users. Im having trouble knowing which issues have since been fixed or improved by the time my model year was produced (2010). Could someone who knows please shed some light on this?

- Fuel pump relay issue
- Starter relay issue
- Sub-Frame Strength

Also would like to hear how common these issues really are, especially come 2010. Its no mystery that forums are a target rich environment for sled problems, but are any of these worth worrying about realistically?

If there are common issues with either relays for my model, could somebody point me towards the correct most up to date replacement that will fit? (Part #'s, Links, etc..)

Cheers

I have the same sled and just purchased it. I will also like to hear some replies on this. thanks.

It all depends on your riding situation and style how relevant some of these are. If you just putt along and never ride aggressive then the sub frame is probably fine unless you hit something, if you like to ride hard then it's a must. New red relay, you live in Canada, they are a must for the cold. The relay part numbers and the sub frame fix are in the FAQ section. I don't have them off the top of my head. You can also do a search in your address bar for "new Yamaha red relay" of "grizz subframe fix" and find the info easily.

The first thing you want to do to your machine is protect it! The best protection for the nytro is a Mountain Tech skid plate. They come in two sizes, short or long. I chose the longer plate as I am off trail at every chance. And let me tell you, I have some gouges that run from the front of it to the rear. Without a doubt it has saved my bacon many times!
The Grizz gusset kit for the subframe is very important for the sub frame. You will read that there are stories of guys bending their sub loading their machines onto trailers by catching carbides, at low speeds. Grizz sells a nice little kit that needs to be welded in, but is worth its weight in gold.
For me next came my steering relocate, bought mine from oft. Along with my 2 1/2 riser from lake effect my standup is right on for comfort.
Pick up a new seat from WRP and you will have a super comfortable ride.
Now ride the hell out of it and then decide what else you want to do like clutching or power adders or whatever!
And keep the shiney side up!

Supposedly the starter relay and fuel pump relay were fixed. If not it is only a $50 fix for each. If starter relay messes up just turn key on and wait 30 seconds then it should turn over.

I agree with Rooster about the skid plate, helps a lot.

Since 2008 there have been three subframe revisions so obviously Yamaha recognized the problem. Unfortunately, the revisions were only slight improvements and the problem still exists. It would be interesting to know how many replacement frames Yamaha has sold since 2008. The relay issues have been more of an issue for extreme cold weather and deep snow riders. The starter relay has been improved but not until after 2010 and those aren't interchangeable with previous years. The Fuel relay along with the load control relay have been problematic and last year Yamaha came out with a replacement solid state relay which should fix the problem (8GN-81950-00-00). The fuel pump relay is the only one that can leave you stranded so it's important to update it to the new SSR. Yamaha lists the SSR as a replacement for the old mechanical fuel relay only but it also will work in place of the load control and fan relays. I updated all three before last season.

How does a guy buy a grizz gusset kit?

Dupont sliders, mountain tech skid plate, block off plate to help with the tunnel icing, dual carbides for the skis or tuners then ride it.

Since 2008 there have been three subframe revisions so obviously Yamaha recognized the problem. Unfortunately, the revisions were only slight improvements and the problem still exists. It would be interesting to know how many replacement frames Yamaha has sold since 2008. The relay issues have been more of an issue for extreme cold weather and deep snow riders. The starter relay has been improved but not until after 2010 and those aren't interchangeable with previous years. The Fuel relay along with the load control relay have been problematic and last year Yamaha came out with a replacement solid state relay which should fix the problem (8GN-81950-00-00). The fuel pump relay is the only one that can leave you stranded so it's important to update it to the new SSR. Yamaha lists the SSR as a replacement for the old mechanical fuel relay only but it also will work in place of the load control and fan relays. I updated all three before last season.
Do I need to get a fuel pump relay for a 2013 Nytro XTX? Or do I have the updated version.

2014 was the first year. If anyone is unsure just look for a red relay, the old relays are black.

Back