• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting more out of your nitro

I watched that video also. It's really not that impressive. That car isn't really "that" fast. Still a pretty cool video. I'm curious why they didnt just race the nytro stock?? As much as he beat the car by, you would think stock would have done it.

I dont know the guy says all that car does is high 7's thats really not so fast either ..but I know what you mean he didn't seem to be lit up either?? But I'm sure a fast sled can also do an 8 sec 1/4 mile...I was just mainly posting cause of the add ons that Hauck put on to give it 15 more HP and save alot of weight on the exhaust too 9 lbs... that's a lot while gaining 4 HP on it alone.

yeah but it might make 145 hp now...kinda interesting a header and exhaust and K&N air filter and some gearing...hmmmm. Wonder whos gonna do some of these mods 1st? :flag:

Id be willing to say that sleds 150 lol ;)

Attachments

• 42e0d.jpg
    42e0d.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 450
I'm still curious as to why they didnt simply do a clutch kit vs tearing everything down and putting on the "header kit"??? My buddy has that overpriced header kit. After looking at his....... i made my own muffler kit for about $75 including hardware. maybe i should have spent $300 for the car muffler hauck sells............NAHHHHH I'LL BUILD MY OWN, and save that extra $225 for some other mods

Yeah I have a feeling that youtube was a Hauck promotional sales gimmick to try and entice people to buy his muffler although I really do like the new 3 cyl fuel injected nytro sleds there really starting to grow on me I acn see myself upgrading to a XTX in the near future from my Rage..a 150 hp tripple would be nice ... I believe I heard the XTX is around 135- 140 stock HP is that correct? I really think they are getting the balance down good with the new Nitros..

I have that set up plus more on mine. Hard to tell what the real differnece was supposed to be; since Inever road thesled prior to the work. The only difficult thing in my opinion to dial in is the clutch. I had to bring it to Pat to dial in. It took two trys do to the engine work, and break in period. Think about this if your sled is about 135-138hp stock, gaining that 145-150 range isn't that difficult. I have delt with Pat a lot in the past, and I think the video is a little cheezy myself. Call and talk to him. It is very very similar to Ulmers kit aslo. Take a look at the pics

Back