• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gps options?

Perfect, that's the starting point. As mentioned, the cradle may be all of $20, and then buy whatever length arm you want, and base. I personally have a 7" arm, as I put it on my riser, and also in my Wildcat SXS and can swing it from side to side.

So the 2598 uses the same cradle as the 2557 and 2977 RAM-HOL-GA57U And is like $11.99 on Amazon, Ebay and Walmart, of all places have the best prices. That back side looks like this

bfda58c0-93a5-44b5-894c-647184def736_1.a5ae917e26fdbdb43c0d1a6908fb59a4.jpeg

Once you pull that up on Amazon, it will show "other items, others have bought" and it will be a range of bases and arms of different lengths. Even packages of common items you will need to mount. Don't worry about being water proof. These Nuvi's can take quite a bit with no protection.

Like this may be the other item needed: RAP-B-138U For $17.49.

Good luck!

818GGAGyerL._SL1500_.jpg

Garmin
What you do is search the RAM website for your model Garmin. That will give you the cradle model you need.

From there, all the cradles have the diamond pattern mount holes already on them. Or you buy the kits, which include the cradle, 1" ball with diamond mount, one short RAM arm and your choice of other 1" ball. Either another diamond, 2" plate, or U-bolt for handlebars. Any of the components can be purchased ala carte` as well. So start with the cradle and go from there. You will not be using the cradle that came with the Garmin.

Snorunner, which Garmin Nuvi do you have?

Garmin Nuvi 2598. I found the cradle for it on Rams site last week. The mount they were selling with the cradle looked too short. But I could have just bought the cradle. I picked up the Garmin for $30 at Pawn America its 2 years old.
Perfect, that's the starting point. As mentioned, the cradle may be all of $20, and then buy whatever length arm you want, and base. I personally have a 7" arm, as I put it on my riser, and also in my Wildcat SXS and can swing it from side to side.

So the 2598 uses the same cradle as the 2557 and 2977 RAM-HOL-GA57U And is like $11.99 on Amazon, Ebay and Walmart, of all places have the best prices. That back side looks like this

Once you pull that up on Amazon, it will show "other items, others have bought" and it will be a range of bases and arms of different lengths. Even packages of common items you will need to mount. Don't worry about being water proof. These Nuvi's can take quite a bit with no protection.

Good luck!

818GGAGyerL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks Biff! A picture is worth a thousand words. On Rams site I could not see the backside of the cradle!

Good luck!

818GGAGyerL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for your help I downloaded or uploaded the VV software to my Garmin with the mini SD card they shipped me. I ordered the correct mounts. Thanks to your replies. I should be good to go! Great site! Thanks guys. I am working on a rack for these. Sleds will keep you posted if Iam successful!

T

Good luck!

818GGAGyerL._SL1500_.jpg

Thanks for all the help! Got her mounted up on top of my Gauge pod. Just need some snow.

How are you guys mounting your arm to the black shroud around the gauge pod? I was looking at mine with a buddy and the only thing we thought was to drill two small holes and run two screws with bolts and washers but I gotta see if I can get under the shroud.

Remove windshield and then the headlight - gauge pod hold the mount with the gps unit in it so it sits on top of your gauges. Drill holes and use screws washers and nylock nuts. I used stainless.

Back