• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gunna need a new dump pipe for cpr set up

kingtut

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2006 Apex
Went to put on the new header I got from npp up in Canada to find out I needed to take off my dump pipe. I was like fine okay I'll do it. Got the curved piece off and found out my mid pipe had broken off the collector pipe. So now I need a new one and need ideas on where to go. Probably looking at stainless steel here because of the salt that most likely ate away at the old one. When you look at the picture you will notice one end is shorter than the other.

Attachments

• 1420837432635657805165.jpg
    1420837432635657805165.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

Just ran into that same issue a couple months ago. Autozone had exhaust pipe that was the correct diameter so I just trimmed the mid pipe back to clean steel and welded new ends on. Not as nice as a new stainless piece but will get you going again if need be. If you aren't into welding I'm sure a local exhaust shop could fix you up.

I hope your npp header last longer than mine I got 20 minutes of riding and it cracked all around the flange that the turbo mounts to now I'm taking it all back apart to have it welded or I might even go a different route with a impulse turbo header .

I hope your npp header last longer than mine I got 20 minutes of riding and it cracked all around the flange that the turbo mounts to now I'm taking it all back apart to have it welded or I might even go a different route with a impulse turbo header .
Did you press a the header to cure it? He said to me take it super easy on the first ride so it all can cure correctly and not crack.

It looks like I am buying the stainless steel and getting it welded. Getting my turbo back from the local fab shop cause some bolts broke off. 140 bucks#$%&*. I was figuring 30 bucks to get some rusted bolts out. Guess I will figure out what happened when I walk in there unhappy.

Yes I did many heat cycles it was vary thin whare it broke

I was thinking of getting one of their headers once mine finally goes(6 years ) and counting
Is your faulty or was the workmanship poor ?
They look amazing in the photos I have seen.
Thought I would ask what you think ?

The workmanship looked good it was very thin were it broke I have it welded maybe it was just fluke I am putting it back together tomorrow so I'll see how it holds up and let you know.

I 've built 4 headers since 03 and they just don't last long. The first was out of exhaust tubing and it went a whole hundred miles before the steel just started disintegrating. Then I started using stainless and got them to last a while longer. I got a good deal on a bunch of 1.5 inch tubing with mandrel bends but was only .065 thick and that may have been part of the problem. I have heard that running too lean will kill a stainless header real quick and I used to run pretty lean in the midrange. My new setup is a Impulse style with 1/8 inch thick pipes and a rubber mount off the frame carrying the weight of the turbo so it should last a long time.

Ken.........

I was looking at getting .065 stuff but I think I'll look at getting .125 stuff Now that you had that problem.

Back